The Public Watches.

Safe to say the Capitol people were horrified as they watched Cedric tear through people mercilessly. 

The boy had been so starry, sweet, and charismatic. He did get a twelve ranking but they didn't think he would have been this brutal with it. He quickly took out forty-nine percent of the candidates and didn't even break a sweat or seem to have trouble. 

He used the forest as a way to completely kill people in either quick or brutal ways. First night he killed two boys by setting them on fire. That morning he tracked down a girl and killed two other guys. His body count was ten but he was tracking people down every day. 

Every time he killed someone he would look into a hidden camera's lens in such a way some people thought he was threatening them with a look. 

"Who are you rooting for?" Caesar asked a woman who was a big fan of the Hunger games. 

"Cedric" She said "Aside from getting the most sponsors he's brutal and you need to be brutal to win this! I did some digging into District 14 that a lot of us overlooked. It's all MEN! Cedric probably grew up playing the hunger games in the woods! When they aren't studying they are wrestling, fighting, attacking each other and just having a whole battle. We all took this the wrong way. District 14 boys don't have a brother bond with each other! They are fighting for ranking! It's like a pack of wolves! I'm willing to bet we chose the Alpha to go into these games and that is why Cedric is so powerful!" 

"Do you know why Cedric doesn't kill the younger ones?" Caesar asked "I mean, he's certainly had run-ins with them but only walks away like in these clips." Caesar clicked a button on a remote and the screen behind them lit up with the clip of Cedric tossing Rue a backpack and letting her run away. It also showed when he "saved" the younger boy from two boys. Another clip of Cedric obviously avoiding two other boys. 

The woman nodded "Yes, I think he avoids them because he must have some sort of morals of not killing, or maybe just protecting, kids." 

"That's very sweet" Caesar said and the audience all nodded and 'awed'. 

Cedric became more popular with the girls now that his "beast side" had been revealed. 

People wanted to sponsor him and sent him multiple things but he only used a few of them and the others he left for the younger kids. 

There were crowds rooting for him and Katniss as well. 

"I ship them together!" A younger girl squealed.

"I ship Cedric with me!" Another girl yelled into the camera. 

People made posters about him being a sweetheart until he had to protect his "mate". Many people believed he  was looking for Katniss because he had fallen hopelessly in love with her and that is why he was being so brutal. 

The idea that he was a alpha really took off in the Capitol.

The Cedric and Katniss shippers fought with the Peeta and Katniss shippers and all over the internet was facts about Cedric that probably weren't true. 

Cedric hadn't even been injured yet! He was definitely going to win then have Katniss fall in love with him because she was the only one who could cure his beast-like heart. 

It was all very cringy and just got worse when Cedric actually helped Rue and Katniss for the first time.

Seneca:

Seneca sat with President Snow in silence. Seneca was the game master and therefore kept President Snow up to date.

"He's very popular." Seneca said.

"Yes" Snow replied as he stroked his beard and watched the highlights of Cedric's fighting. "He would do well as a warrior in my own army."

Seneca looked at Snow "Do you think he will win?"

"He better." Snow replied as he looked at Seneca. "The Capitol is so engrossed in his life that if he were to die I'm sure we'd have a rebellion. Never have I seen so many fangirls in my life." He paused and stood up turn looked out a window "How did he get so popular?"

Seneca looked at Snow "I'm not sure. I think it's because of his District and from the fact that he came into this alone." he liked his lips and said "Do you think he will win."

Snow was quiet before turning back. "There's not a doubt in my mind that Cedric can defeat all of the tributes but what I'm wondering is will he?"

Seneca raised an eyebrow "Sir?"

Snow looked back out the window and at the bustling Capitol.

"He's helping Katniss and though he doesn't seem attached to her, I'm not sure if he would kill her or not. He seems almost too good at this. Almost like he prepared." he said thoughtfully. "And if that's true than he must win." He turned to Seneca "If he emerges victorious, I want to talk to him."

Seneca nodded than asked "Do you think maybe Cedric is in love with Katniss?"