After

Strawberries were delicious! They tasted so much better after victory too.

It also felt nice to get my injuries healed even though the claw marks on my arm left scars. Taking a shower was wonderful as well.

Quell high fiving me and Axir and Darla hugging me was unexpected but appreciated.

"Kid, I can't believe you did that." Axir said.

Darla smiles and fluffed her hair.

"Darling you did wonderfully!" She praised. "You were so amazing and you should have seen it out here! You have so many fan clubs now! You might be the most popular boy in this planet!"

All the flattery was nice but my favorite part of the entire thing was sleeping. Not even the strawberries could top it.

When I slept I slept without dreams. I slept so deeply that dreams couldn't reach the pitch blackness I had laid in.

I slept for a very long time and it felt like that.

It was peaceful and refreshing. I needed a little peace before the hectic stuff that happened after.

Parties and interviews were horribly boring and annoying.

Every question was about how vicious I became and how many kills I had and why I even helped Katniss in the first place. People suspected a love triangle that I thought was disgusting.

Katniss and Peeta had to pretend they took the berries because they couldn't bare to think about life without each other. Apparently I got away with it because of majority rule. I wasn't allowed to be killed off and President Snow wanted me alive so here I am, alive and well.

A weird thing is that I'm meeting with Snow's granddaughter this afternoon. I'm being forced to go to a party and meet her.

Darla has been fussing about it all morning. Making sure I look good was at the top of the to do list.

I found it exhausting but Akir told me to appreciate that I'm alive and not one of those fallen tributes.

I was prepped to be kind at all times to Celestia, which was apparently her name.

As I'm sitting here in this limo, I think about how stupid this is. I survived all out teenager war and now I'm being forced to go dance with a girl I don't have any intention of ever talking to again! How stupid can that get?

The limo stops and Darla looks at me. "Be nice, remember?" She asks.

"Aw dang, I wanted to be snarky and rude all night!" I say as I push the limo door open "Truly Darla, you ruin all my plans."

She sighs and gets out too.

We walk into the party and I see Katniss and Peeta walking ahead of me.

"Was wondering when I'd see you two again." I say as I walk up to them.

Katniss finches but then sees me. "Didn't think you could get rid of us that quickly did you Cedric?"

I smile at her as someone takes a picture from behind.

"So, are you both psyched? Super exciting right? What with the whole love story going on" I say as I lift their holding hands a little.

Peeta sighed "Well, we don't have favor with Snow like someone here."

I frown "I'd trade you anytime, except you can keep Katniss and his granddaughter, how bout that?"

As anyone could see, I was kind of ticked at this whole thing.

I was told to survive. I did. I was told I would get to go home after. I'm still not going.

"Cedric" An elderly man says.

I turn and see President Snow standing next to a girl.

"May I congratulate you on your win" Snow says.

I bow a little to him. "Thank you sir. It's your generosity that is keeping me here today."

"I think not." Snow says quickly. "It's your talent and skill that got you here today."

I smile even though I want to snarl. "A compliment I'll always remember."

Snow smiled and nodded then said in a tone only he and I could hear.

"You play your part wonderfully. Maybe give Katniss some lessons." He whispered.

Playing my part? How disgustingly insulting. Oh yeah, another thing I forgot to mention. I had a meeting with Snow as soon as I got out of the games. I was still bleeding and everything. He made me a deal. He'd let me live in exchange that I date his granddaughter. Spoiled much?
I would have loved to kill him right then and there with his fountain pen but I stopped myself. I might still have need for the Capitol before I take it down. The original plan was that I come out as the only victor but since I didn't, it changes some things. So, I agreed to his offer and soon after asked Celestia to date me. She agreed readily.

"Our deal, remember?" Snow whispered.

I never faltered though and instead looked at the girl.

"Miss snow I presume?" I ask as I take her hand and bow then kiss it. "How wonderful to finally meet you."

The girl flushes in pink and nods "I'm Celestia, congratulations on winning. Did you know you would win?"

"Were you rooting for me?" I ask with an eyebrow raised. She nodded and I smiled "Than I knew I would survive with such a woman in my corner."

She blushed again as I look at Snow who is smiling at his granddaughter.

"May I steal her away from you sir? I'd love to dance with her." I say.

Snow waves a hand at us and says "Don't let me get in your way."

I look at Celestia and offer her my hand "Shall we?" I ask.

She smiles and takes my hand.

~~~~~~

The parties ended, my goodbyes said, I was on a train back to my District. My relationship with Celestia would remain long distance with the occasional visit. Letters and phone calls were to be expected if course.

The Capitol was thrilled with Celestia and me. They loved the arrangement of me dating her. I think they believe I'm one of them now. Whatever, they can think how they want as long as I get to do what I want.

Katniss, Peeta, and I had ways to keep in contact with each other as well.

Axir would return back with me and we'd go home but not to the shack I once lived in.

The large house and other large house for Axir.

When the train slowed and we walked into town I saw all of my fellow men.

They all looked at me with eyes that could tear through skin but they weren't angry. They were expecting.

I had ranted to them on many occasions about me wanting to go to the Hunger Games. They knew me. They knew I trained hard. I trained with them.

Our days were filled with anatomy classes and survival. Our nights were spent running around and fighting like animals. That's what we all are in the end though right?

Animals.

Every animal kills. Even Katniss killed in the end.

"Well" I started as I looked at them with a huge grin "I did it."

Sudden loud and harsh cheering filled the air but I had a feeling this wasn't the end of it.

This ended too well. Too softly. Too soon. Katniss and Peeta tipped the balance and we would pay for it.

Well I say, bring it on.

TO BE CONTINUED...