Training Fame

"Oh dear they love you!" Darla gasps as she grins at the TV.

I sat at the dinner table, eating Kale for Breakfast. I've never had cereal before and had no intention of changing my diet now so I asked for Kale and dried meat. I tried their food but the only thing I liked from their food assortment was strawberries.

I pick up a leaf and put it into my mouth, biting down and allowing the crunch to show off exactly how loud it is.

I was awake early this morning but no one else was so I just trained in my room until they finally woke up. Darla insisted I watch last nights chariot ride so I can see where I stood.

The screen showed the tributes in chariots as they rode down.

"Whoa! Look that's fire!" One of the announcers in the screen exclaimed with amazement.

"They're on fire!" The other announcer gasped as Katniss and Peeta rode down with their chariot on fire.

The camera then zoomed in on my chariot right before I had clapped my hands together and the lightning dragon explodes out of me.

The announcers screamed in fear before laughing "THAT IS AMAZING!" they both yelled in unison.

I smile a little and look back down at my bowl of Kale as they go off to yell about how attractive I looked and how every girl would be on their knees. That was annoying but whatever.

"Well, it's time to bring you down to the training room." Darla sighs as she finally turns the TV off after she had forced me to watch multiple fan videos explaining my "backstory."

My head whips up and I stare at her "Really? They have a training room here?"

Darla looks surprised but nods. "Yes, you're supposed to train for two weeks before the games."

I stand up quickly "Well, let's go than"

"Quite enthusiastic as usual" She laughs "You have to change into the training uniform in the closet first though. You'll be wearing that during training."

I run back into my room and find the training outfit. Its black, grey, and red with the number fourteen on the short sleeve.

Quite tight wasn't it?

I pull it on and find black boots. that I pull on.

Finally I step out of the room and Darla turns to look at me. Her eyes widen and her face flushes.

"Don't get a nose bleed, he's sixteen you know." Axir says as he walks past her and to the door. "Come on Cedric, let's go."

I follow him out and see Quell sitting outside on a seat in the hall. "Good luck" He says as he taps away on his tablet.

"What are you going to do?" I ask.

He stands up and smiles "Well, I'm working on your outfit, duh!"

He walks down the hall and waves back at me. "See you later!"

I watch him than Axir walks me away.

We take an elevator down to a wide but empty hallway where two doors are waiting.

"Walk through those and find the group." Axir says.

"Kay" I mutter before walking to the doors without a second thought and open them.

I see the training room and all it's glory. Climbing ropes, weights, weapons, obstacle course, targets, and fighting grounds. Looks like what the boys back home would make in the woods.