11.

It was night and Virat was still sitting on terrace gazing the stars.

'How tragic it is ? I am the reason for Rohit's misery. What can be worse than this ? My best friend .. is not able to share it with me. I am so selfish I was so occupied that Rohit didn't feel to come to me and share it with me. He was always there for me but I just ended up the reason for his sufferings'

'Jassi and Shrey they could have told me. I would have done everything to make Rohit feel better'

Virat was going crazy with all this. He went downstairs as fast he could and went to the medical person of the team.

'Hey Virat ! U okay ?' Doctor asked.

'Yes. Can I know what is going on with Rohit ? Means what pills are prescribed to him.' Asked Virat in concerned voice.

'Ohh ya I knew u would come to me asking about him. I didn't see u there when I went to check on him.' Said Doctor

'Ya actually back pain issue' said Virat.

'Ohh ya. He was getting anxiety issues and sleeping problems. So I have prescribed him sleeping pills. Do tell me his progress if he is okay now' said Doctor.

'Yes I will' said Virat leaving the room and walking through the corridor aimlessly.
He collided with Bhuvi as he was not paying attention.

'Hey Vi u okay?' Asked Bhuvi.

'Ya I am sorry bhuvi .. I wasn't looking' said Virat and went to his room.

'Bhaiya Can I go to Axar's room he is alone so.' Asked Rishabh

'Ya sure Rishu' said Virat and Rishabh just hugged him tightly and shifted there.

Virat closed his door. He just sat staring into nothing. How could he not see Rohit's health ? That was the only thing going on in his mind.

He was awake whole night worrying and blaming himself. He just didn't get to know when he dozed off.

'Cheeku ? Virat ? Open the door' shouted Mahi, Rohit with Jassi and Shreyas outside Virat's door.

Virat opened it rubbing his eyes from barely a two hour sleep he got.

'Cheeku u okay ?' Asked Mahi looking at him concerned.
'Ya I overslept I guess' said Virat rubbing his eyes.

'Virat let's go for breakfast' said Rohit.

'Ya u all go I will come in sometime' said Virat going to freshen up.

'What happened to him ? He never oversleeps.' Asked Mahi.

'May b due to his back pain' said Rohit.

'U all go I will come with Virat bhai' said Jassi.

Jassi sat on bed waiting for Virat. Virat came out and Jassi saw how his eyes were completely red as if he cried.

'What are u doing here Jassi ?' Asked Virat while getting ready.

'Why are u saying like this Bhai ? I am waiting for you so that we can go together to breakfast' said Jassi frowning at the tone.

'Umm sorry Jassi it's just something else on my mind' said Virat apologising for the tone but still upset with Jassi as he lied to him.

'No problem let's go' said Jassi and they arrived for breakfast.

Virat went and sat with Mahi. 'Everything okay Cheeku ?' Asked Mahi in concern seeing him so silent.

Virat was looking at Hardik and Rahul who were fighting over some silly thing. It reminded him of him and Ro.
He looked at Rohit who was busy in talking to Jassi and Shreyas.

'Cheeku ?' Asked Mahi shaking him out of trance.

'Huh ! What ?' Asked Virat

'Where are u lost ?' Asked Mahi in concern

'Nowhere I was just thinking about upcoming test series' said Virat not wanting to trouble Mahi

'Sure u will do good' said Mahi

'Ya I am glad u are also there with us' said Virat.

'Just don't exert urself Cheeku.' Said Mahi looking at him to which Virat nodded.

Mahi noticed Virat and Rohit both from the day they have come to Australia. Something was seriously wrong but he decided to wait.

They gathered for first practice session for the red ball. Mahi was just observing and helping whenever required.

'Bhaiya should I bowl to u ?' Asked Jassi as it was routine when it came to test that Jassi and Virat mostly practiced together.

'No it's fine I will go with Bhuvi' said Virat as he was little upset about Jassi and Shreyas lying to him.

'But bhai' said Jassi but Virat had already left with Bhuvi. Due to which Jassi felt very bad.

They had nice practice session. Everyone went one by one. Jassi was remaining along with Virat who was talking to the coach.

'Virat bhaiya can we talk ?' Asked Jassi seeing no one around.

'Jassi some other time okay .. I have some important work.' Said Virat and left from there. He didn't want to hurt him but he could not get it out of his mind.

Virat went into Mahi's room just to calm himself because for now that was the only place and person who was not avoiding him or lying to him.

Jassi went to his and Rohit's room dejected by Virat's behaviour.

Mahi called ever so lovingly seeing him at the door  - 'Cheeku'

Virat just dashed into his arms. He just hugged him tightly not wanting to leave him at all.

'Kya baat hai Cheeku ?' Said Mahi hugging him back.

'Please let me stay like this' said Virat laying in his lap hugging by his waist burying himself.

'Mai Kaha mana kar raha hu. U can stay however long u want' said Mahi patting his head.

Jassi went into The room and saw Shreyas sitting there and Rohit in the balcony.

'What's wrong Jas?' Asked Shreyas

'Something is wrong. Virat bhaiya is not talking to me' said Jassi worriedly

'Not talking to u means?' Asked Rohit entering the room.

'I don't know bhai he is not talking to me. Today he didn't practice with me. And when I said that can we talk alone he said that he had some work' said Jassi sadly.

Shreyas and Rohit both were thinking what would have been happened.

——————————-
Done !!!

See u in next !!