"Who are you?"

I woke up and looked at my unfamiliar soundings. I was in the hospital, with my dad sitting near me. There was pain my head. I checked and these was bandages wrapped there.  suddenly a wave rushed through my mind of yesterday's accident.

"Taehyung"

"dad where is he ? is he s-safe? tell me p-please " I panicked and my eyes started getting teary.

But he did not reply.

"dad say something.. p-please, dad". I begged. I didn't know why but he was the first thing that came to my mind. knowing that he does not love me or care for me, I was still crying for him.

"Y/n.." my dad started finally breaking his silence "..he had an operation yesterday and .."

"and what dad ?" I asked in a hurry.

"..and doctors are saying that- that this injury can leave a huge impact on his...his brain "

hearing this I teared up. but I didn't  have time for all this. I ran out of the room to find him. My father tried to stop me but i just could not stop after knowing in what condition he was.

I immediately asked a nurse on my way about his room number and she informed me. I reached there and saw her mother sitting out of his room.

"m-mom is he..is he okay?, " I asked taehyung's mother crying. she was also crying. she hugged me, rocked my back, and assured me "don't cry my child, be strong. he will be alright " and I broke down.

.

.

.

"Mr. Kim is conscious now. you can meet him" said the nurse coming out of his room.

"y/n, you go," Mrs. Kim said placing her hand on my shoulder.

"no mom, you should- "

"it's okay y/n, you should go first," Mr. Kim said.

I went inside and there he was sitting on the bed in the hospital uniform. having bandages all over his head. Looking all weak and pale yet personable.

I moved towards him he looked at me with his doe eyes in pure confusion and asked the next question which broke my heart...

"Who are you?"

he lost his memory.

he forgot me. not like we had a lot of memories together but he forgot the fact of me being his wife. The vows we took just few hours ago in front of hundreds of people. He forgot all of it. I turned around and went out of the room and sat on one of the seats, crying mess. Almost lifeless.

"what h-happened y/n? " mom asked

"mom h-he forgot me. he doesn't remember who I am to him " I looked at her, letting her witness my vulnerable self. she hugged me and said "n-no no y/n, this...this can't happen. He might be playing an act. He is so notorious I'm telling you. You-you come with me" she held my hand and took me inside the room, again.

"Mom!!" Taehyung exclaimed as soon as she entered inside.

"Dad!!" taehyung said brightly and opened his arms wide for a hug.

Mrs. Kim hugged him before asking "Are you feeling okay, my son?" And kissed his forehead.

He nodded his head and said with a cute pout "mom, I am so hungry and you know what? that stupid doctor made me eat so many medicines. they were soo bitter I don't want to eat it anymore" he scrunched his nose while mentioning about medicines and hugged her mom tightly, again.

Was he always like this?

Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim looked at each other in shock.

I guess, not.

Mrs. Kim said "tae, you know who is she? " she asked pointing toward me.

"she is looking familiar. but I couldn't recognize her" he said pouting

"mom, who is she ?" he asked

.

.

.
"Mr. Kim, as I have already informed you that this accident has affected his brain heavily due to which he is suffering from little space syndrome. he thinks of him as a 5-year-old kid. and I will suggest you to not force him to get his memory back for at least a few months. otherwise, he can have permanent Amnesia as well"

"But doctor, how much time he will take to be properly fine "

"can't say, Mr. Kim, it can take few months, few years or....his whole life as well. you can take him home in the evening but please take proper care of him . he needs someone by his side 24 7 . if you want you can hire a nurse as well"

.

.

.
After he discharged, we were sitting in the car going to my new home. which I was supposed to reach yesterday night but I was going today. Mom and dad were sitting in the front seats while I and taehyung were on the backseat. and then suddenly he asked...

"mom u didn't tell me. who is she?"

________________________________

How would he react, after knowing she's his wife? What do you think?

Drop your comments here. And take care of you. bie !