Chapter 12: Demons in Town

.

The police were taking cover from gunfire that were coming from the Demon masked gang, terrorist or whatever they could be classified as.

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

The cops were outgunned as their enemies had automatic rifles while they had handguns.

Among the cops taking cover, Detective Yuri Watanabe clicked her tongue as she and her coworkers were in a severe situation.

Yuri: We're in a tight spot here!

Cop 1: Back up should be arriving in a minute or so!

Yuri fired a few shots at the oni masked goons before taking cover as she was taking fire.

Yuri: We're not going to thirty seconds in this!

Bang! Bang! Click! Click!

Cop 1: Damnit! I'm out?!

Yuri: Tch!

Yuri looked around her environment, several cop cars were trashed and couldn't be used to get out of the area. Every cop was preoccupied with defending themselves and couldn't get themselves out of the line of fire. There was no way of any of them leaving unless their enemies ran out of ammo.

Yuri: ( Damn, guess this it? )

Twip!

Yuri had nearly lost hope and almost accepted this was the end, but the sudden twip sound had snapped her out of it and causing her to look at where the source of the sound was.

Twip! Twip! Twip!

Every cop had heard the twipping sounds as they all looked up to see a figure in the air swinging and firing weblines at the guns the Demon masked people were holding.

The Demon's guns were then immediately yanked out of the Demon's hands the second the weblines hit their mark. The guns were all then webbed to a building wall.

Yuri Watanabe with her fellow cops and the Demon masked gang all stopped fighting as they stared at the figure in a red and black fullbody tightsuit landing in a crouched pose in the middle of them.

Spider-Man: Talk about a loud party! Mind if I join?!

The cops all stared baffled at who they were seeing. They all blinked as their minds had trouble believing at the fact the spider themed vigilante had just disarmed most of the Demon masked people high in the air and landed in a pose with no visible harm with fact that the vigilante had landed from a hight that would have crippled a normal person's legs once they hit the ground.

Yuri: ( What...? )

The Demon gang then charged at the vigilante while some others took cover and switched to their side arms and fired at the cops to keep and those who still had their rifles gave cover fire and forced cops to take cover.

Spider-Man: Alright! Let's party!

Spider-Man had quickly observed the situation as his Spidersense went into overdrive and helped him assessed the situation.

Spider-Man: ( I can ignore these guys charging at me for now. I first need to take down those with rifles and then cause a small window to open for the cops to push these guys back. )

It only took half of a millisecond for the spider powered vigilante to think of a plan of attack and then initiate it.

Spider-Man sidestepped a punch from a Demon grunt as then the vigilante legsweped the grunt to fall down on their back.