Chapter 13: Another talk with Raiga and A Negative Raid

.

Shirou sat uncomfortably at a wooden table as he looked between his grandpa Raiga and a tv which was showing a discussion between a news reporter and a foreign blond man in a fancy suit.

News (Reporter): Doctor Conners, what's your take on how can Spider-Man do what he's doing here?

News (Dr Conners): Facinating! Absolutely facinating! For him to stick on walls and jump four stories in the air, his biology must be something beyond what we've seen. He's either sticking on walls by setules like spiders do, or he's using the Van der Waals force to stick.

News (Reporter): Setules? Van der Waals force?

News (Dr Conners): Spiders stick to wall with the help of small hairs on their body called setules. The Van der Waals force is an electromagnetic force that attracts all surfaces on a molecular level.

News (Reporter): I see, so question Dr? Considering Spider-Man's abilities, what are the chances of him getting caught by the police force?

News (Dr Conners): They would have a very hard time restraining and catching him. From the footage and the things I've heard the vigilante's capable off, he would be someone that will be very hard to even put cuffs on. I doubt the vigilante would want to hurt the police force, but if pushed, I do hope he does not use his full strength despite his size.

The tv was turned off as Shirou then stared and Raiga who was giving him a stern glare.

Raiga: You need to give up the vigilante act. Now.

Shirou: ...N-no.

Shirou stuttered. He hasn't been scolded by Raiga in a very long time like this when he did something that would nearly cause him harm.

In his case of being Spider-Man, he is fated to be in harm one day.

Raiga: Your giving up that mask.

Shirou: Why?! You didn't seem to push me to give up when we had this talk the first time!

Raiga: That was when you were still in the shadows and was still regarded as an urban myth, a public stunt to get attention. Now, your existence is confirmed and it's starting to spread worldwide.

Shirou: ...If your worried about the police catching me, I'll still do things at night.

Raiga: They're gonna start doing more patrols. Helicopters might even be on standby when someone spots you. Hell! I wouldn't even be surprised if the military or government is gonna go after you so they could find out how you even work!

Shirou: We still have mind controller out there doing who knows what!

Raiga: I don't care about that guy or what he does! He can take everything I've built! But he ain't taking my grandkid six feet under! Nor is anyone gonna be dissecting you on a table!

Shirou: ....

Shirou stayed silent, he knew Raiga just wanted to protect him. He was glad and happy he cared for him like this way.

Shirou: ....Alright...Fine...I'll give up being Spider-Man.

Raiga squinted his eyes at him.

Raiga: No you won't.

Shirou: Eh?

Raiga: You can't lie to me Shirou. You might be able fool some people, but you sure as hell can't fool me.

Shirou: ( Right....I knew this wouldn't work. And I was even willing to use the sewers to avoid cops being seen now. )

Raiga: Listen, I can tell your not gonna stop this just because your spotted on the news.