Ambush

"Second Lieutenant Forger....we are all set..." Officer Charles whispered in a low voice on the communication device.

"..........................."

"Maam?"

On the other end, Anya was miserable and a purple ghost like aura surrounded her. Her eyes were red with huge dark circles under it.

Last night, details of the plan to capture Richard Keeves was thoroughly organized, and she was supposed to had it memorized by morning.

Anya was very determined to finish her work by midnight. Only before that, she decided to take a "short" break and turned on the television to learn that "Spy Wars 2: Bondman Returns" was going on an indefinite hiatus after the airing of the current episode. And then somehow Anya couldn't move as she continued to stare at the blank television screen throughout the whole night.

" It is not fair. It is just not fair.*sniff* *sniff*"

"Maam? Are you there? Should we move in?

Anya bit her lips and controlled her tears.

" Yes. I am in my position. Proceed according to formation B...no..A.."

Anya rubbed her eyes once more to clear her vision and looked at the sheet of paper where she "drew" the entire plan in a hurry after she finally managed to take her eyes off the television at the sound of her morning alarm.

"Formation A...Officer *sniff*"

It has been quite a few years since the crime rate in the yet "peaceful" State of Ostania has risen significantly. Though at first, the crimes were considered to be random as there was no definite pattern observed, the SSS member Anya Forger was able to uncover the depth of the situation through her "extraordinary" deduction skills. As a result, though she barely managed to pass her written exams she quickly got promoted based on her genius-level "intuition" and knowledge of "human psychology".

And now, she is currently on the move to capture a target who should be an essential asset to finally understand the true nature of the unknown secret organisation calling themselves "THE RED SPIDER".

Richard Keeves was traced staying in an apartment in the downtown district, which usually was an area of abandoned factories and warehouses. The undercover agents reported that he usually stayed at home during the day.

Keeping those in mind and monitoring his movements in the past few hours, the police had finally closed in on his apartment and had it surrounded.

When the formation was complete, Anya took the lead and quietly crept up the stairway and walked cautiously until she reached the apartment door.

Tapping the door twice, she said

"Mr.Keeves. Resistance at this point is useless. Please surrender or else we will have to force our way in!"

"Second  Lieutenant is giving off an unusual amount of scary aura today....isn't it? Even her eyes looks extra intimidating ...they are hardly blinking at all" Officer Karlos whispered to Officer Charles.

" Don't underestimate our supervisor, Karlos. Her cool aura is one of a kind!" said the latter with the look of a devoted fan loyal to his idol.

"This is the final warning!! If you don't come out within 10 seconds we are coming in"

10....(Anya took a deep breath and narrowed her eyes. Little twinkles started forming everywhere)

9

8...(She focused her ability towards the door. But couldn't hear any voices coming from inside.)

7

6...(She sensed the officers becoming high on alert and preparing to charge in)

5

4

3...(Still she could not hear any kind of voice or thoughts)

2

1

"STOP!!!!"

Anya raised her hand and signalled one of the officers to a small window located adjacent to the door.

The officer immediately darted towards the window and broke it with a swift move. He looked inside but the room was unusually dark, so he reached out his hand and his fingers felt the sensation of wires which seemed like they were connected to the door lock from inside. The officer nodded to confirm Anya's suspicion.

" Everyone...there has been a sudde--"

BANG!!!

Anya froze for a second as blood spilled over Officer Charles's hand as he dropped his gun and shrivelled up in pain.

A distraughting revelation dawned upon Anya as she considered the worst possible scenario.

IT COULD BE A TRAP!

************