Back Down To Four

"I'm Kai, this is Katherine, Stiles, some old man, no clue actually and we all, including you seemed to be in this lovely high security prison"

Gerard glared at Kai but decided against commenting on it.

Only defend yourself when it's against someone weaker or in a vulnerable situation do you Stiles thought, a small part of them had hoped that Gerard would mess up and let slip he was a hunter but the majority of them was glad that hasn't happened as they likely wouldn't get to kill him first then.

But it was quite funny watching Gerard be quiet for a change.

Marcos snapped "What?! High security prison?!"

Kai rolled his eyes at Marcos shock and said "We'll show you if you don't believe me"

He motioned for Marcos to follow him.

Stiles and Katherine followed behind, curious about Marcos's reaction.

Gerard who hadn't seen the outskirts also went with them.

The hunters eyes widening as the door was opened with Kai and they were met with a black thick inescapable mist.

Marcos stared at it, his eyes taking all of it in.

"I never accounted this type of spell before" He muttered. 

"Spell? You know what it is?" Katherine asked quickly.

Marcos said looking grim "I have an idea"

He then without another word walked away hurriedly, his hands going into his coat and pulling out a small dusty old book. 

He then walked into the living room and stared to move all the furniture and tables to the side of the room.

"Hey! Are you going to tell us what your doing?" Kai snapped, suddenly actually looking more serious and agitated.

Markos didn't reply and he got out of his pocket some sort of light blue powder and started to let it fall to the floor and form circles and spirals with it that interlocked with each other.

He also muttered a language that Stiles didn't understand but they understood the origin of magic that Markos was using.

It seemed to be some sort of summon communication spell. He was communicating with his ancestors and asking them to help him do something. 

What was that?

What was he asking them to do for him?

Stiles eyes narrowed slightly as they watched the Witch.

They couldn't deceiver whether this spell would be hostile to them or not and if it wouldn't effect them in a bad way then why wouldn't the witch tell them what he was doing?

The group was hesitant to get involved and it seems Markos was relying on that hesitancy as he completed the symbols, standing in the middle of a huge circle, surrounded by spirals.

His chanting grew louder.

Some of the strange powder started to move on it's own. Stiles stiffened as they saw the symbol that the powder was forming.

They hadn't seen this symbol used before but they knew what it meant, their long memory going back to a couple of hundred years ago when they were looking into dark spells.

Would they have to blow their cover?

However thankfully it seemed Kai was thinking the same thing. He was suddenly in front of Markos, his hands going around the witches neck and snapping.

Markos didn't even have time to cry out, it looked like he tried to say something but Kai wasn't having it.

"What was that?" Gerard asked, he sounded calm but Stiles could sense the emotions that was coming from the sick human and his heart was thudding hard in his chest, there was clear fear.

Katherine said, "Are you sure you should have killed him?"

Kai huffed and he bent down to wave his hand in front of the symbol on the floor, making it vanish.

Stiles relaxed a little at that, ah they forgot Kai was a witch as well, they just know the symbol meaning.

Kai said, sounding smug and patronising, standing up to face them "That symbol means life force. I don't know what that bastard was doing but when a witch doesn't tell you what their doing and his got that symbol in it? I was doing all you a favour"

Stiles stopped themselves from rolling their eyes, we knew that too idiot, they thought.

Kai then crouched to pick up the small old book that Markos had been holding, hoping to understand what spell Markos had been trying to do.

Maybe he could use it to help himself?

However he let out a sigh of annoyance then dropped the book on the floor as he said "Anyone understand the language of gobbledygook?"

Stiles glanced down at it to see that, it had landed on an open page but the words written in the book they couldn't understand, even as they went through their memories they didn't remember ever coming across this language.

"It must be a very old language. The witch must have studied it lot" They said.

Gerard was focusing on something else, his eyes on Kai.

A part of him thought it was strange Stiles and Katherine weren't reacting to the now dead body but he supposed they might have seen worse since they were also caught in this strange prison?

Stiles did look at least five or four years older than he'd seen him last, a lots probably happened in that time.

He asked slowly "The way you moved, you're not human"

Kai chuckled as he said with clear sarcasm "Nice observation"

"It was pretty scary when we found out but he hasn't hurt us. I'm surprised you're believing this all so easily" Katherine said, her voice sickly sweet as she played innocent human.

Gerard let out a noise of acknowledgment before he said lightly "I've seen a lot of strange things at this age. I might have died accidentally and this is my own hell, who knows?"

He then broke out into a fit of coughs, black substance splattering all over the floor.

Kai wrinkled his nose at it as he said "Yeah, so who are you again?"