The Last Thing

"Stiles, what-what are you talking about?" Peter demanded, his insides suddenly felt so cold and hollow.

Stiles smiled darkly as he slowly stepped forwards, he rolled his shoulders, stretching a little, like he had all the time in the world, so calm and confident despite the chaos going on inside Peter's head and body who was suddenly faced with...someone he didn't know.

The friendliness of being someone he knew in this strange prison, someone he could latch on too, vanished.

Peter had never seen Stiles change his demeanour like this before...unless...

Had he been fooled all this time?

"Nogisune" Peter growled, his eyes flashing blue.

Stiles chuckled, their hands going into their pant pockets as they shrugged their shoulders, looking even more casual with their posture "Well you're half right"

Peter's eyes narrowed as he looked Stiles up and down, what was he missing?

"What do you mean?" He asked warily.

Stiles was enjoying finally revealing themselves, they could smell Peter's fear and anxiety and it was delicious.

They hummed as they thought of a way to explain it, purposely taking longer than usual, increasing Peter's anxiety about the situation.

"We suppose we could say, we're not the Stiles you know or the Nogitsune you met. We...merged and became something new"

Surprise washed across Peter's face before he shook his head and snapped "If the Stiles I know was really there, you wouldn't be doing this"

The hybrid smirked as they said shaking their head at Peter's naivety "We thought it was just Scott who tried to believe in the good in others"

Stiles said lightly, stepping closer to Peter, close enough to almost be in his personal space "The funny thing is, if the Stiles you knew, wouldn't have wanted this we would feel something you know? We would feel doubt, hesitation yet there is nothing. We don't think you knew us as a human as well as you think you did"

Peter's breathing started to grow heavier as Stiles basically confirmed his fears.

Katherine was watching all this in delight, she wished she had some popcorn.

Peter couldn't believe this was happening, he had noticed Stiles seemed a little different before but to this extent?

"Stiles, if the Nogisune is controlling you, we can-"

Stiles just shook their head and said interrupting Peter's plea "No one is controlling us. Maybe the Nogisune's influence is stronger due to their thousand years of memories compared to Stiles short fully human life, we are starting to remember more and more of who we used to be as fully human Stiles and the full Nogisune but also maybe Stiles was more like the Nogisune than you all wanted to believe"

They stepped backwards a little, giving Peter full view of themselves as they aloud their nature to shine through, their eyes turned silver, their teeth and nails sharper and they very clearly were looking at Peter hungrily.

The werewolf wasn't used to being considered prey especially by Stiles of all people.

He hurt couldn't believe that all his interactions with Stiles since he got here was a lie. Was he really that stupid? It all seemed so clear now.

There was this clarity that he hadn't had before, he said trying to keep his voice from shaking but he didn't do a good job of it "Does anyone else know?"

Stiles titled his head slightly as he said "Trying to stall for time Peter?"

Peter gritted his teeth, trying to hide his fear behind bravado, trying to ignore how all his instincts were screaming at him to run away as he sneered, trying to make himself look bigger "Do you really think I'm scared of you Stiles? You never have scared me, even when you were possessed"

"No?" Stiles asked, not looking bothered at all by Peter's deceleration. 

It happened in a heartbeat, one second Peter was glaring angrily and fearfully at Stiles, who looked completely relaxed.

The next second...

Pain shot through his nerves, for a couple of seconds Peter couldn't think due to the agony shooting across his body.

He collapsed against the wall, curling inwards, shaking. 

His vision clouding over with tears from the pain that he couldn't stop.

It faded suddenly, making him let out a gasp of relief. It seemed like he has just been shot with...electricity?

Peter suddenly then realised a hand was grabbing on to his chin and forcing his head up and he realised why the pain had vanished so suddenly, black veins were snaking their way up the hand, pulling the pain from him.

Stiles eyes were bright silver as he crouched right next to Peter, his eyes staring into Peter's own as he absorbed the pain from him.

"What about now Peter?" Stiles asked, his voice sweet yet at the same time like it had been dipped in poisonous sticky honey.

There was some more pressure on the hand still holding his jaw, forcing him to look into Stiles eyes.

He actually felt his jaw straining under the pressure.

One wrong move, one wrong word and he knew he would be dead.

Katherine let out a laugh, delighted, her eyes glittered as she said smoothly "After we're done here, I need you to follow me up to my room Stiles, I won't take no for an answer"

Stiles grinned, taking their hand of off Peter's jaw they said, glancing over at her "No arguments here"

Peter felt like shouting out in pure confusion, fear and bewilderment, were they flirting? While threatening his life?!

Stiles smile widened as they regarded Peter as they said "You're in luck little wolf, we were going to draw this out but we decided to quicken this all up instead"

Peter opened his mouth, ready to demand what Stiles was talking about but he didn't get the chance.

Pure agony was the was the last thing he felt in his heart, like someone had ripped open his chest and grabbed it.

The last thing he saw was a hand going through his chest.

He didn't even process the fact that is what had actually happened.

The last thing he saw were bright silver hungry eyes...that flashed blue.