Chapter 13

(Jakes POV)

  It's been 3 weeks since the note. I officially got my own apartment with the love of my life. Everything has been good I hired  security guards to keep my beautiful wife and daughter safe along with her family. I stopped talking to my family after the whole situation with my dad. Chase is staying at our place as well since Brooke didn't want Izzy sleeping away from us we just turned the second bedroom into chase room. Everything has been going great my company is moving well and life has been good. Brooke is finally loosened up a little bit around me. At first it felt like I needed to walk on egg shells but now now life is nothing but blissful. Here I was with chase standing in a jewelry shop searching for an amazing gift for an amazing women.
   " you thinking a summer wedding bro? Or more like spring or even winter I don't know I'm not into this kind of shit." Chase muttered besides me. I just shook my head at him he wasn't into this kind of stuff especially since at first he wasn't into the idea of me and his best friend in the first place but I'm glad he's coming around.
    "As long as Brooke is happy then that's all that matters. I got the flower arrangement already setting up the apartment. She's at her moms with her nephew and Izzy so she's going to be gone for a while. I just want this to be special. Especially because it's her." I said my eyes watered. This was the girl I wanted to spend my whole life with the girl I wanted to marry the girl that loved me when I couldn't even understand what love was. I couldn't understand how strangers that were never strangers can finally fall in love. Granted we did everything backwards. We had sex before we even fell in love . Thinking back to that night I smiled. It was amazing she was amazing.
    "I'm happy for you man. You really have grown into a wonderful man and father. Please don't break her heart. I'll have to kill you if you do." Chase said with a smirk. And that's when it caught my eye. It was big but not bulky it was heart shaped with tiny pink stones around it. This was the one. The one that would catch the attention of every person that passed her. This was the one that would say yeah that's Jakes women. In that moment my phone rang. I slid answer and was greeted with a panicked Jason.
"Dude what's wrong where's Brooke is everything alright?" I asked my voice shaking slightly.
"She's gone dude...Izzy and me are at the hospital with mom and Jaxson but Brooke is missing I don't understand what happened one minute we're all just sitting having lunch the next I'm covering Izzy and Jaxson with my body once the explosions started." At this point Jason was crying full on crying. My soul was crushed I didn't even get to propose to my girl. I couldn't breath I couldn't hear I slapped the money on the counter and left with chase following behind with the ring in one hand and my phone in the other. My future was in the hands of a mad man and I couldn't understand how fucking stupid I was to let him slip away this time I was going to put him six feet under. He put my baby girl in danger my new family in danger and had my wife's life in danger.
"Chase open my phone and open up Brooke's tracker. We're going to find that son of a bitch and put an end to this once and for all..." was all I muttered as we got into my car and speeded to my house. I'm coming for you baby I promise and this time no one will take you away. I thought to myself. Palms sweaty my hearts racing only thought was to bring my girl home to her family and our baby girl. I stopped at the hospital first to make sure my baby girl was okay. Once I found out she was safe I made it my mission to get the gang together to take down this mother Fucker once and for all.