Chapter 16

(Brookes POV)

I didn't understand what was going on. I just kept banging on the poles in the basement. I felt weak. I couldn't move much I was bleeding and the only thing on my mind was getting home to my daughter. Was she okay was my mom and brother okay was Jake okay the guys my nephew everything had my mind on an endless rope. I couldn't understand out of everyone why me? Why did I have to go through this pain. My muscles finally gave out after what felt like forever. I decided to finally let the darkness take over my brain. I don't know how long I was out for but eventually I heard voices. Not just any voices.

"Brooke. Oh my god baby I'm here please open your eyes please." Jakes voice softly spoke. I tried I just couldn't open. My eyelids felt like they weighted a ton. They couldn't flutter open or anything. Crying and some more shuffling around I was picked up into warm arms, telling by the cologne it was Jake. I was safe he found me they found me I was coming home. Until I couldn't hear much more because everything became quite to quite. I felt like my eyes were opening when a bright light brought me to a stand still. How am I standing?

"Brooke?" A voice spoke. I looked up and seen someone I haven't seen in years. Someone I thought I lost forever.

"Claire?" My voice was smoothly soft. I barley even heard my own voice. What the heck is going on. Claire it couldn't be she died in our freshman year. She was my best friend who got shot and killed right in-front of me because she wouldn't go out with one of these gang leaders from another state.

"Brooke, your not suppose to be here. You have a beautiful Angel waiting on earth for you to come home. I've missed you so much Brookie but you can't be here okay." She softly spoke. Here? What is here? She spoke again.
"This is the place between heaven and earth. Right now you are fighting for your life down on earth. Brookie I've missed you so much I was tired of seeing you so heart over my loss I finally sent you not one but two angels to protect you. I'm so sorry you had to go through that with Mike. He was never suppose to cross your path but it happened. I need you to promise me you won't give up look at the beautiful baby you have she's home waiting for you to come back and shower her with kisses. Please don't come any closer cause once you touch me I have to bring you to heaven and I don't plan on being the one to take you away from your life and family. I've been watching over you, me and your grandma I had to fight her to come see you." She laughed.

"It's not fair. I want you to come home with me. Please come back with me." I sobbed silently. I heard her inhale before she spoke again.

"Brooke my body is deteriorated there isn't any going back. Unlike you I didn't fight I wasn't able to but you you have a chance to fight. A chance to move forward and finally be happy. I'll always be here watching over you day and night and this time I promise nothing will happen not any more please go back." She sobbed. I didn't think twice when I walked closer to her. She looked completely different. She was a lot older, she had beautiful white wings and a whole dress on that flowed on puffy white stuff we were standing on. Her eyes opened slightly until she understood what I was doing. I wrapped my arms around her and she did the same.

"I'll forever love you Claire. You was and still will forever be my best friend. I can't wait till I tell Chase about this how great you are doing." I smiled squeezing her as tight as I could. She sniffled and pulled away.

"Tell him stop trying to act all big and bad and get over me. It's time for him to move on. And tell him stop being so over protective over everything he needs to go out more and stop following you and Jake around." She laughed. Pulling away I noticed the light burning my eyeballs. She sighed.

"I love you brookie, it's time for you to go back on earth and marry that dream boo down there waiting with your princess. I want to be there in spirit when he gives you away. And don't worry you will know I'm there sugar as soon as I touch your arm you will feel it. I'm so happy for you." She pulled away and the last thing I heard was

"I'll always be watching over you all. Don't forget it." Then she was gone and I was trapped in darkness. Beeping is what I heard beeping and voices.