𝗶'𝗺 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆.

jaden and y/n were best friends they never kept secrets from each other, until y/n got a boyfriend

jaden and y/n were best friends they never kept secrets from each other, until y/n got a boyfriend. she didn't know how to tell him, there was no need for her to be scared to tell him. jayla and wanna would also tease her about jaden saying that he likes her, she didn't believe them. on they way to the walton's she was trying to figure out how to tell jaden that she was dating someone.

y/n was walking back and forth before walking to the waltons' home. was she overthinking? yes. but she a had good reason to be. about two weeks ago she was hanging out with jaden and he told her that he needed to tell her something. she thought it was gonna be something about baseball, but with the way he was fidgeting with his figures he was nervous and she didn't know why.

__
flashback

"so what do you want to tell me?" y/n asked who was scrolling through tiktok. "if i tell you please promise that this won't ruin our friendship" jaden said. y/n gave him a confused looked "jaden nothing will ruined our friendship, you can tell me" she said with a sweet smile. jaden sat beside her "i like you, i've liked you for awhile now and i didn't know how to tell you" he said. "it's okay if you don't like me back i just wanted you to know because i couldn't keep it secret anymore" jaden said rambling. y/n didn't know what to say how was she gonna tell him. jaden looked at her waiting for a response. he already knew that she didn't like him back. "look y/n it's okay that you don't like me back" he said with a sad smile. "i'm sorry jaden" y/n said looking down at her lap. "it's okay, i'm not gonna force you to like me" he said with with a slight laugh. "maybe in the future we could like be together, not trying to pressure you or anything" he said. "yeah maybe" y/n said. she got a text from her mom. "my mom wants me to go home, i'll see you later" she said standing up giving him a wave goodbye. "i'll see you later then" jaden said. after that it was awkward between them.

y/n knocked on the door "hey daelo" "hi y/n/n" he said said letting her in. "can we play roblox later?" "yeah of course" she said. "yay! by the way jaden is in his room" he said before going back to his tablet. she walked up the stairs and lightly knocked on jadens door "come in" "hey" y/n said "hi wanna play mario kart with me" he asked smiling. "hell yeah i do" she said sitting beside him. they played for a few hours it was fun, it wasn't awkward between them, it was just like old times.

"so how have you been i haven't seen you a lot lately?" he asked. "i've been you know the usually, been a bit more busy though" y/n said trying to win the race. "anything new that has happened?" he asked. she hesitated how was she supposed to tell him that the news wasn't new. was she supposed to say 'yeah i have a boyfriend we've been dating for almost 6 months' no that's stupid. "hello y/n you good?" jaden asked waving his hand in front of her face. she looked at him "yeah i'm good" she replied with a small smile. "alrighty then" he said focusing back on the game.

a couple minutes passed by."i do have some news, it's not really nothing new" "what is it did you like get a boyfriend or something?" he asked with a small laugh. she awkwardly laughed. "i actually do have a boyfriend, his name is walker he's really sweet" she said looking at jaden waiting for his reaction. "oh, how long have you been dating" he asked with a sad tone, she could tell he was trying to hide his reaction, she started to regret telling him. y/n hesitated before she started talking again "we've been dating for about six months" she said. "oh" "well i'm happy for you" he said. "i'm sorry jaden, i didn't know how to tell you ever since—" "ever since i told you i liked you" he said "i just didn't want to hurt your feelings and i didn't want to keep it a secret from you because you're my best friend and i didn't want to ruin our friendship" y/n said waiting for his response. "it's okay y/n" jaden said.

it was silent between the two teenagers, y/n was hoping he wasn't mad at her for not telling him. jaden on the other hand was sad his best friend, the girl that he has liked for so long has a boyfriend. y/n stood up "i think i should go" she said. she looked at him with an apologetic look "i'm sorry" was the last thing she said before walking out of his room. for the next few days jaden didn't come out of his room. he was heartbroken he was happy for her, he should be happy for her. but the thing that would've made him happier was that if he was the one that was her boyfriend.

 but the thing that would've made him happier was that if he was the one that was her boyfriend