Chapter Thirteen: At stake[2]

A/N: I've made an insta account solely for story purposes(already have one but it's for my arts lol), if you wish to be updated and maybe spoiled a bit on upcoming chapters you can follow me @yumekaxx_wp. Ah, Also happy 1k reads! (°0°)!!

Thank you all for the support (ˊᗜˋ*)♡

─────☽✴☾─────

Just as Shiki said, the two of them went in after Remus and Rei. Once the silver wide door open before them, they immediately caught the attention of many.

Luna's grip tighten and squeeze over towards Shiki, her eyes wondering around as she firmly clutched onto his sleeves. She expected alot of people to have attended, but did not expect to be THIS many, it felt like the banquet hall was almost quite full of people. As the theme—everyone including them wore masks.

Though, none of them see their faces they still kept on staring at the both of them as their gazes follow their every move.

Suddenly, she felt a hand tap her clutched arm and realized it was Shiki. He leaned in to her ear which made her to move closer unconsciously—probably because as Dizian, she was too used to Anthony's whispering during classes which eventually them ending up being thrown a chalk. Also with Eva who often whisper a secret to him.

"Are you ok?"

His question made her eyes widen and raised a brow as she slowly glance up at him. She was perplexed as she pressed her lips together and looked forward.

"Yes, I'm fine— completely fine. Just uncomfortable with all the attention we're getting." Luna answered as her firm clutch loosen as they catch a glimpse of two familiar faces—Remus and Rei, waving at them at the corner, already seated at a round table coated with fabric and utensils placed on top of it.

They hurriedly went to the two and sat on the two vacant chair. Every table consist of either five or four chairs, in each side of the hall was a long table where countless trays of food lies.

“Ugh, Seriously why is it that she just had to be my partner.” Remus groaned as he complained and glared at Rei.

Whereas Rei leaned onto her chair and rolled her eyes at him "Like I also want to be your partner, I'd be more delighted if I was associated with Shiki rather than you." She said, as she looked at her brother with a widen eyes, "That to say, why would you rather partner me with this dofus?"

"For your information, it was Justin who partnered us all, none of it was my fault." Shiki answered unfazed.

A waiter then served them a bucket with ice containing two bottles of wine together with four glass to pour them in.

Rei pouted as she took out one of the wine from the bucket and pull out the cork as she take one glass and pour it in and took a gulp.

Luna adjusted her mask as she felt it slipping down. She quickly reached for the back to tie it firmly, until Shiki suddenly ask her to turn around. She then felt him untying the knot of her mask and tying it as he ask if it's too tight or not, Luna gently shook her head as a response. After that Luna muttered her thanks.

She felt such uncomfortable gazes in front—which was coming from none other than Remus and Rei casually drinking wine as they give Luna looks.

"What?" She can't helped but asked.

"Nothing." The two said in unison averting their gaze as they sip through their glass.

Luna just shook her head and also pour a wine on an empty glass.

Leaning back on the chair, Luna couldn't help but to be reminded of the brooch pin attached to her hair. Was it really a tracking device? If it was, that would pretty much freak her out.