CHAPTER EIGHT

SIMON'S P.O.V

I don't know what I am feeling or what I am supposed to be feeling right now, especially when Jason is soo up and close to me like this. I have had my moments when I fantasized something like this which it is not a sin but at this moment right now, I think I am freaking out, I don't know what to think.

" Hey Jason, what's taking you so long?" I hear Nix's voice heading towards us, I need to do something really quick before he sees as in this position. I can't push him, that will hurt his feelings. I can't just duck underneath him because there is no space for me to escape to. 

Ding Dong, we hear the bell ring. " I am on it". Nix shouts heading to open the door and longer coming to the kitchen. I thank all the goddess above and beyond. Jason moves back one step his eyes still looking at me. I think he knows that I am not okay for any of my family members to see us in this position, so he smiles and moves back even further creating a great space between us not that I want the space but I am glad he did it anyway, awkward moments is something I can't handle right now.

" Who is it?" We hear mum asking as she comes down the steps.

"Its Dad, Papa and....", Nixon shouts back.

" Bella!", Nathan happily says running down the steps.

I look back at Jason, who hasn't said anything yet. I don't want him to leave so soon.

" I think I will just go", Jason says pointing at the living room with a smile. " I will see you at school?" He asks hopefully.

" Yes, see you at school". I return the smile with an awkward wave. Without more words he turns around and head for the door, at which I hear Nixon introduces him to Mum. I take a deep breath, leaving everything on the counter and to go greet the new people.

" Simon, come meet Bella", Nathan says as he walks towards me carrying his five years old sister. " Bella meet Simon your other new brother". Nathan introduces excitedly.

"Hi", Arabelle greets shyly hugging his brother tightly.

" Hey there princess", I greet her with a smile without making a single movement, afraid to scare her. " I am about to cook something do you wanna help me out?" I remember Nathan told me that Arabelle like to cook.

" What are you cooking?" She asks brightly releasing her brother from the strong hold.

" Today we will cook whatever you like, what do you want to eat for dinner?"

" Well... Can we eat blueberries pancakes, mac and cheese with apple juice?" She asks happily.

" Anything for you, now would you like to fly to the kitchen?" I ask opening my arms for her, which she flung herself to me giggling and without second thought I ran towards the kitchen with a laughing Bella on my hip.

Leaving everyone in the leaving room, the only people I want to be around with is Nathan and Bella the rest can get the hell out of my way. I put Bella on the counter with a chair beneath her incase she wants to drop off. Nathan takes another chair and seats next to his sister, I guess he only wants to stay with us instead.

" So what should we start with?" I ask Bella.

" Pancakes!" She screams on top of her lungs making Nathan to put his hands on his ears.

" Bella, my ears". Nathan complains making Bella and I to laugh at him.

" What are you guys doing in here?" Dad asks as he enter the kitchen with Damien beside him.

" Simon is making dinner and I am helping him cook", Bella says looking at her dad.

I don't acknowledge either of them and instead I try to find pancake ingredient hoping they will just disappear and find themselves somewhere else. Okay maybe I still hold some grudge towards my dad, I am allowed to, the guy left us for another family as if we never mattered to him. He broke my mum's heart in a million pieces and we had to mend it while he was busy with another family. I don't know why or how did mum forgive him that easily but I am not ready to.

" That's good", Damien says this time. " How are you Simon?"

Why does he always name me directly? " Good". I reply without further information. I just need them out of this kitchen. Before I could pretend to be busy Nathan clears his throat getting my attention. When I look at him he glares at me, no words are exchanged but I get a clear message.

It takes everything in me to do this, " Hey dad". I greet him and I see his face lit up with excitement.

" Hey Simon", He greets happily, well to happily to make me feel guilty. " How have you been".

" Good, how was your trip". I try to make a conversation which I know I am failing while Nathan is smiling like an Idiot.

" Good". He says looking back at his husband then back to me.

" Good". And I am done with talking, I don't have anything else to say. I mean I didn't speak to him for five years, what else do you think I will have to say?

There goes the awkward silence. I have never had many words with dad in years and this is the best of the conversation we had so far. Looking at Nathan for help I see him grinning at us. Well at least someone is happy. So it is my turn to clear my throat and glare at him.

" We are making dinner, do you guys need anything before dinner?" Nathan asks trying to lighten the mood.

" No we are good, we just need some rest for a while". Damien says as he hold dad's hand.

" Are you guys staying for the night because Nixon and I are spending the night. Right Simon?"

What? I didn't know if that was even the plan and all eyes are on me now waiting for my respond, swallowing hard at nothing I decide to say something. " Right". I say unsure of my own words.

" What do you think love?" Dad asks his husband.

Love? he used to call mum that.

" I think its okay, our bags are still in the car. So I don't think why not". Damien says.

" Okay then, go and rest dinner will be ready in a few. Nixon and Victor will help with the bags". Nathan says as he drags his parents out of the kitchen probably to find victor and Nixon leaving Bella and I alone in the kitchen.

" Alone at last, let's do this". I high five Bella which she returns with a little force, pretending that it hurts making her laugh. She is so cute, with a drafted baby blue jumpsuit. Her black curled hair is being pulled into a neat pony tail while her brown skin color helps in making her brown eyes to shine even brighter.

************************************

Two hours later and we were done in the kitchen as Nathan is helping us with the table. I did all the cooking while Bella was my coach, telling me all the things needed even though I know them by heart. Cooking with Bella was fun, we had some food fight while we were there and almost burning some of the pancakes but we were good, When mum came to the kitchen to see if we needed any help she almost fainted at the sight of her kitchen but gladly Nathan sweet talked her and left us alone.

" Dinner is ready", Nathan shouts at the dinning room for everyone to hear him as most were in their rooms. I am almost done with cleaning the kitchen, I had to clean before I eat since I will not get to it when my stomach is full.

Everyone sat at the table with a look of surprise on their faces since non of them new what's for dinner. " Pancakes?" Nixon asks looking at Bella. Which she only giggles.

" Bella what did you tell Simon?" Dad asks her.

" Nothing", She pouts.

" Don't ever listen to Bella for dinner", Damien says with a smile. " Sometimes she wants beacons and eggs for dinner". 

" She didn't tell me anything, I asked what she wanted for dinner and that is what she wanted. So I agreed to it". I tell them high fiving Bella.

" Oh goddess there are two of them", Nixon says making everyone to laugh.

" Okay let's eat already". Victor says as he takes his first pancake.

And for that we all follow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Thanks for reading.

Till next time.

Enjoy, share, vote, follow and comment.

Stay safe.