CHAPTER THREE

NATHAN AND NIXON'S HOME

SIMON'S P.O.V

My parent's marriage lasted for almost twenty years but within those almost twenty years my dad has been cheating for five. All the business trips, meetings, and overnight patients were just his cover story and yes my dad is also a doctor, a neuro surgent that is how he met my mother by the way during their internship.

Anyways, my mum had suspected of foul play in her marriage, and one day he caught them and he was cheating with another man so technically their marriage was over. The moment the final divorce paper was initialized my dad announced about their engagement and soon after they were married.

Of course, none of us attended the ceremony and they were miles away living they're happily ever after. No matter how much he tried to be in touch with his sons or should I say the previous family we were not ready to respond to him but he kept on trying, I don't know because he loves us or out of guilt.

Mum had broken down for a while but with due time she managed to come back from it all and continued with our lives until recently when she got an email from the owner of the biggest and respected hospital in this town that they needed a cardiac surgeon and since she is that good and the pay is good. But behind it, all my dad is also working at the same hospital and he is the chief. It is not like my mom is not good but also he wanted his family close that is what he said, or more like what mum told us. I haven't talked to the guy for years.

I don't know what my mom was thinking or feeling at that moment when she said yes to the job since she already knew that dad was working at the same hospital maybe she is letting go of all the things he has done to her and us and she is willing to start over, or she is doing for us because most of the time she likes to say that children deserve to have both their parents around no matter how bad or good situations they have. So there is that.

So when we came back from school earlier today and found dad with mum talking. I didn't give him the welcome he deserved or looking forward to, I mean he left us. Who am I kidding Victor was the happiest kid on earth when he saw him. He told us that he wanted us to meet his family for dinner tonight. That lead us to this awkward moment on the table.

I have learned a few things about my dad's husband. He is the owner of the hospital, the school we are attending and he owns a jet company, Technically he is rich. He met my dad on one of the board meetings and it just clicked. His name is Damien, it sounds money to me. Anyways they have three children, Nathan, Nixon, and Arabelle. I know the two but not the other since she has a sleepover to one of her friends and she is only five who do that? I mean she is young.

" So Simon how do you find it here so far?" Damien asks. I don't know why he chose me precisely, I haven't said a word since I set my feet in this house and I am not planning on doing so. So I just stare at him.

" It is good, I like the place", Victor replies after two minutes of silence. I hope he could tell the difference between us.

" Good to hear that Victor, I hope Simon feels the same way", Damien says looking at me again. He can tell us apart, good for him. Mum can't even tell us apart and this guy can in matter of hours?

I mean have you seen this guy, he has black shinning hair, forest green eyes I guess that is where the twins got their eyes. Broad shoulders and hard chest not like I have touched him it is all clear to everyone and he has this perfect almost grey beared chin that when he smiles it takes your breath away. No wonder my dad fell in love with him, He is handsomely beautiful. Okay maybe it is illegal to call someone else's husband handsomely beautiful but I just did, come on he is my step-dad as it is.

I still feel his intense gaze on me and I don't know why, every time I look up from my plate I am been met by his intense eyes, maybe he doesn't like me. What did I do? I just met the guy.

" Hey, are you okay?" Victor whispers to me since he is sitting next to me. I just nod to answer him.

Dinner went by quietly since none of us wanted to start any conversation. When everyone was done I offered to do the dishes, even though am putting them in the dishwasher. I just want to be alone for a while.

" You haven't said a word since you got here", I hear Damien's voice from behind me. There goes my alone time.

" I didn't have anything to say", I tell him putting a plate to the plate rack.

" I am sorry if all of this is wrong to you", He says taking a seat on one of the chairs.

" Wrong? What do you mean?"

" I mean all this?"

" oOH...Do you mean you and my dad?", How could he even think that? " I don't have a problem with that, I mean Victor dates everyone he doesn't care about their gender and neither do I, Love is love".

" Ooh..great I thought you had a problem with it since you haven't said anything", He smiles. There goes the smile.

" How are my two boys getting along?" Dad walks in giving a quick kiss to Damien averting my eyes from them. I need to get used to that sight.

" So far so good, right Simon?" Damien asks with a smile.

"Yeah", I whisper almost to myself. " Where is the bathroom?" I ask okay maybe I don't really want to be here since I still hate my dad for ditching my mum.

" Simon...", Dad starts. Maybe he caught up with my act.

" Bathroom please", I ask again.

" Down the hall on your left", Damien replies.

" Thanks", I walk out without glancing at dad. Passing the living room I see Nathan, Victor, and Mum talking happily good for them. Waling toward the end of the hallway I open the door to my right to hear someone playing the guitar so I walk in without knocking. To find Nixon softly playing and he is really into it since he hasn't noticed me yet.

" What do you want?" He asks putting his guitar done facing me with a cold look in his eyes. Here I thought I was quiet.

" I was looking for the bathroom", I say to almost stutter.

" It is the other door", He says picking up his guitar giving me a get out look.

" You sounded amazing".

" I know could you please get out so I could do my thing".

I just stare at him to almost punch him but I ruled against it and walked out, back to the living room.

" Hey honey, there you are", Mum starts.

" Can we go home please", I say and walk out of the front door without waiting for their replies and in a moment they are out waving at the Andrews.

I don't know what I did to piss him off but he is mean. He tripped me first at school so am the one who is supposed to hold a grudge and not him.

Whatever his reasons are, I am about to find out.

******************************

A/N

Another chapter.

Thanks for reading.

Till next time.

Enjoy, share, comment, follow, and vote.

Stay safe.