CHAPTER TWELVE

NATHAN'S P.O.V

NOW;

I know Simon has a lot to ask but I don't feel like talking right now, I will just end up crying again and I am done crying because of him. I moved on and started to leave my life again and I won't let him ruin it. Thankfully Simon don't say a word all the way home and the moment I set foot in the house I dash to my room and close the door.

Suddenly my mind goes to Mason Whitmore and man do I have plenty of things to say about him, but it's like something is blocking my mind and it is just blank, empty all I can feel is hurt and pain, all I can see is their empty house over and over it's like that day never passed even for a second. He pushed me away and he left.

I throw my bag on the bed and I walk to the bathroom, I strip and get into the bathtub opening the shower tap and I sit letting myself to be covered by cold water. I stay like this for almost thirty minutes trying to ease my mind. I think I am ready to go talk to Simon. I get up closing the tap, drying my feet on the carpet as I walk to where the towel is, wrapping myself neatly I walk out and there I find Maddison sitting on my bed.

" Maddy?" I had to make sure I am not hallucinating.

" Hey", She shy wave at me as she tries to look somewhere else as if it's her first time to see me like this. I have spent a lot of time in their house bare chest and I don't see how she acts innocently now.

" I...I will put on something", I say as I walk back to the bathroom where I left my clothes. When I am done clothing myself I walk out. " So what are you doing here?"

" I came to apologies for ghosting you..." She starts.

" You mean leave", I interrupt her rudely.

" Yes for leaving you without saying anything. Nathan we didn't mean to do that to you but our parents never gave us a chance to say goodbye".

" So your blaming your parents? There is something called phones Maddy!", I half yell at her. She just looks at me with tears clouding her eyes, they might fall any sec now and I don't want her to cry right now. " I am sorry, I didn't mean to yell".

I take a seat on the couch leaving her the bed. Neither one of us said anything for a minute until she decided to break the silent.

" Mason got himself into a bad group when he was thirteen", Maddy starts and I don't interrupt her this time. " Rich kid with no parents around, he was the perfect candidate. He started using and I couldn't stop him no matter how hard I tried. So one day he overdosed, thankfully someone saw him and called an ambulance. When our parents heard about it, they took us both out of the country before they could be sued for child negligence instead of getting him some real help.

That didn't stop them from leaving their life while we stayed home alone in a new town. Mason found another dealer and continued using, unexpectedly he got arrested when he was found with bags of heroines. Like always parents swooped in and we were off to another country. And this time he overdosed again and we left".

She comes to where I am sitting, crouching so we could be eye level holding my hands," This time he wanted help Nathan and not to be shipped off to another country so he can die. He asked for help because he got a reason for that and it's you, he did this because of you".

" Yeah well, he should have told me", I say standing up slowly making her to do the same. " You both left me in the dark not knowing how to think. Do you know how many times I have wondered what I did wrong for him to use drugs?"

" I...I don't and I am sorry for that Nathan".

" You know what, this is not on you. Mason broke my heart and he forced you to grow up fast so you can take care of him over and over again", I tell her as I go near her. " Come here", I give her a tight hug cause I am tired of being mad, I just want all of this to be over. This is all on Mason and I don't want to see his stupid face.