CHAPTER SIX

SIMON'S P.O.V

I have never been unfocused in my life like today. I can't seem to focus on anything not class, friends even brothers all of my focus and concentration is on this guy Jason. I notice everything his doing from how his chest goes up and down when he breathes, when he frowns to something the teacher says and he doesn't get it, to the way he licks his lips when he is thinking and squints his eyes reading something on the board.

" He won't be on your papers at the end of the semester", Nate whispers beside me making me to jolt abit.

" What?" I ask confused, not knowing why he said that. Before he could utter a word the bell rings. The class is over. Looking down at my open book I see it blank, great I haven't taken any notes.

" I will give you mine", Nate says with a smile knowing very well what has just happened.

We both get our things and start to walk out of the class, looking around I don't see Jason. " He walked out with Nix". Nate says.

" Who?" I play dumb.

He only smiles and puts his hand on my shoulder getting me closer to him, " I have got you brother, I have got you". Without further words we go to our next class thankfully Jason is not in it so I can focus.

Few more hours the class is over and it is lunch time. Has Nate and I walk to the cafeteria we see Victor, Nixon and Jason sitting with their football mates speaking too loud for our liking.

" Why do they always have to be loud? ", I ask walking to our usual table to our friends whom we only meet during lunch hours.

" So you could know that they exist ", Nate say taking a seat in front of me.

" What happened to Jason anyways? ", I ask not sure if I am supposed to but I want to know.

" He was in a football camp this summer that is where he got his injury. One of the guys tackled him soo badly that he sprang his arm almost to break it". Nate says taking a bite of his food.

" That's painful ", I whisper looking at Jason whom he caught me staring at him so I divert my eyes as fast as I could looking down at my plate with a blush on my face.

" Since our parents are going to be home this evening, do you think I could come to your house and do some school works and study ", Nate asks shyly.

Nate really likes my mother, and as much as he doesn't want people to notice that he likes spending more time with her but I know. They were never raised by their mother, it was mostly their dad, having my mother right now is like fixing the void they never knew they had.

" You know we're brothers right? You don't have to ask if you want to spend more time with mum".

" I didn't say that I want to spend more time with her ". He protests.

" You didn't have to." I smile at him.  " I know how much you like her and it's okay ".

" Really? Because I didn't want to impose anything ".

" You are my brother and she is my mother but she can be your mother too if you want and she will be honored about it."

" Thank you Simon". He says blinking some tears.

" If only she gets your name right". I tell him with a smile.

" Ooh..... She always does except for you and Victor ", he starts laughing Making me throw some food on him.

Lunch passed and classes came and they passed quickly. It was time to go home. Since it's Monday Nix and Victor have practice and this time we're not going to be there when they're done.

So I took the car keys from Victor's back pack unnoticed of course and we are gone. I will deal with them later. All the way home we converse about everything, laughing and smiling all the way. I like how close I am with Nate, he has everything that a brother needs, kind, warm, loving and always happy, easy to talk to he is just a brother anyone can hope for but Nix on the other side.

Reaching home we don't see any sign of Mum being back home. We get off the car, opening the front door and we're inside.

" We're home ", Nate shouts to an empty house making me laugh so hard.

" You know no one is around ", I tell him.

" I know, I just wanted to make you laugh ". He removes his bag not knowing where to put it. " So where should I put my bag? ".

" Here let me take that ", I take his bag. " Do you want a house tour? ".

" Yes, this house is huge, nice and beautiful ". He looks at everything in awe.

" Well let's go then". I start walking towards the stairs.

In ten minutes and we're done with the tour. Leaving him all smiling.

" This place looks homie than our house, since it has more of solid walls ". Nate says as we walk to the kitchen.

" I understand exactly what you feel ", I open the first cabinet looking for something suitable for eating. " So what should we eat for dinner? ".

" You cook? ", Nate asks surprised.

" Yes I do".

"Arabelle likes to cook, she will love you more ".

" Your five year old sister whom I never got to meet",

" You will soon".

The front door opens leaving us puzzled deciding whether to go or not. " Boys", we hears mother's voice calling.

" Mum", we both walk out of the kitchen.

" My babies ", she smiles letting go of her bags opening her arms wide ready for a hug which we did give her.

" How was your trip? ", Nate asks after we part.

" It was nice, thanks for asking Nate". Mum smiles.

" Where are others ", I ask.

" They went to their home ". She says as she tries to get comfortable.

The front door bursts open again with Victor and Nix behind him both looking very pissed off.

" What the fuck", Victor Yells.

" Simon Language ". Mum yells back.

Great here we go again.

*******************************************

A/N

Till next time.

Thanks for reading.

Enjoy, comment, share, vote and follow.

Stay safe.