CHAPTER TEN

SIMON'S P.O.V

We reached at school in a record time with five minutes to spare, well the maniac of the brothers we have drove us to school like crazy, it's even luck that we are still alive. Walking to my first class with Nathan beside me, the moment my feet steps inside the class, my eyes land on Jason who is sitting at the back of the class looking all mighty.

" If you fall I won't catch you", Nathan says beside me.

" I know you will", I tell him as I avert my gaze from Jason.

" Why don't you just ask him out?" Nathan says as we take our seats.

" And say what, ' Jason would you like to go out with me?' " I say with a duh tone.

" Exactly that, see you have all figured out". Nathan smiles at me.

I turn back to look at him and just like that I find him staring at me and he smiles the moment our eyes met. Shyly I smile back and turn back to my table. Maybe I can do it, how hard can it be.

Classes started and in many many hours later, lunch time arrived slowly. Well in my last class before lunch I was just alone, so when I got out I find Nathan outside waiting for me.

" So my dear brother, what have you decided?" He asks.

" I am going to be brave and ask him out, right now". I tell him with a smile.

" Well I am proud of you". He says as we enter the cafeteria, but what I see brings down all of my confidence.

Nixon, Victor, Jason and the rest of the footballers plus some of the cheerleaders all sitting at their table speaking all loudly. What catches my eyes is some girl in cheerleading uniform sitting on Jason's lap playing with his hair as they talk to each other's ear.

" What the hell is she doing here?" Nathan almost growls at the scene in front of him. 

I might be mad but dear brother is furious, " Do you know her?" I ask.

" Trouble is what they are", He says looking around as if searching for someone.

" They?" I ask also looking around not knowing who I am suppose to search for.

" Looking for me love?" a masculine voice is heard from behind us.

Turning around I am met with a blond, tall and muscular guy and believe me he is good looking wearing the footballers jacket meaning he is on the team but I have never seen the guy before. His hair is of shoulder length and curled, blue grey eyes with thick eyebrows and a perfect jawline. 

" Mason", Nathan says with a deep frown gritting his teeth.

" Hello Nate, miss me?" He says.

" Not even for a second", Nathan says with a scowl. " What are you doing here?"

" Don't worry, we are not staying, we were just visiting for a while, so we came to say hello and of course I miss you". 

Nathan just looks at him debating whether to believe him or not, I don't know what happened here but I tend to find out. " This is Simon, my brother". Nathan introduces still keeping his frown, " Simon this is Mason".

" His ex-lover", He stretches his hand for a hand shake and I don't deny him one. " You must have heard alot of me".

" No..not at all", I say looking at Nathan who is just glaring at Mason. It must be a whole lot of story here.

" Why don't you go and get your sister and leave, because you two are nothing but trouble". Nathan says taking my arm and drags me inside the cafeteria, I wasn't sure where we were going until I see he is dragging me to Jason's table. This is trouble.

" Nathan what are you doing?" I try to protest but damn he is strong.

" I am getting what is yours, right now". Nathan says more harshly, than I used him to be. Remind me not to get on his wrong side.

As we storm towards them we managed to get their attention, in fact everyone's attention in the cafeteria. The quieter twin turn into a bezeker charging like a mad bear.

" Ooh...hello brother in law", The girl says with a smile getting up from Jason's lap ready to embrace him.

" I am not your in law or brother or whatever you used to call me, Maddison you lost that right two years ago now tell me what are you doing here?" Nathan says furiously making her stop at her tracks.

" We were just visiting", She tries to reason.

" In your sports uniforms? that is hard to believe" Nathan asks getting even more angrily but not Nixon or Jason is trying to intervene and I don't know what to do.

" We wanted to remind ourselves what we used to be, right Mason?" She says looking at his brother who is beside me.

" What you used to be?... Let me remind you", He takes a step right in front of her, I think someone should do something. " What you used to be is manipulative, selfish, self centered, lying, backstabbing and evil people, both you and your heartless brother".

" Nate" Mason calls him or more like a whisper.

" Don't call me that, don't you dare call me that again", Nathan tells him. " Now leave both of you before I make you leave". And for that Nathan leaves the room, leaving us all shocked and Maddison in tears.

Since no one has made a move, I decide to go after Nathan and there is only one place he will be at the field because it is the only place he hates in this school, so I believe he will be cursing the grasses, bench and even the goal posts. Walking at the field I see him standing in the middle of the field staring at nothing.

" Nathan", I call for him when I am just few steps away, he can't see me approaching him since he is facing the other way.

" What did I do?" He says turning to face me now.

" Saying what you felt".

" I said evil things to her and she doesn't even deserve it, her brother deserved all of that". He says with tears forming in his eyes.

" What did I do?" He says tears rolling down his cheeks.

" What did I do, Simon?" He repeats breaking down. 

I know he is not in a position to tell me what happened, but for now I promise to be here for him. So what I do is hug him as he breaks down completely. After some time of releasing all the pain he was feeling he calms down and at that moment neither one of us wanted to go back to class so instead we decided to just go home but this time we take a bus.

Reaching home, no one is here. Mum,dad and Damien are at work while Bella is at school. Not a single word was spoken between us on our way here, and that didn't change because Nathan goes straight to his room. Nothing else to do, I decide to make us something to eat since we missed lunch.

In the middle of making food, the doorbell rings. Who could possibly be at our house at this moment? Everyone is at school or work and it's not time yet for either of them to be back yet. The bell rings again, so I lower the heat and walk to the door, opening and is the last person I could think of seeing.

" Maddison?" How did she know where I leave.

" Simon", And she knows my name.

Any other surprise?

***************************************

A/N

Till next time.

Thanks for reading.

Enjoy, share, vote, follow and comment.

Stay safe.