Chapter 2- Thanos is Coming

I was back in New York

I was back in New York. The portal sends me to a quiet suburban neighborhood. It was the neighborhood that Will and his family lived in. Though it felt nice to be back home, I wasn't sure if I was ready to see the others just yet. The other Avengers. After the incident with the Sokovia Accords almost two years ago, the team went their separate ways and I became a fugitive along with Steve, Natasha, Sam, and Wanda for going against the government.

I haven't been in contact much with the others except for Natasha and Clint, but mainly I didn't want to see Tony. I was still pretty upset about what he tried to do to me after refusing to sign the Accords. But after witnessing everything I just saw with Thanos, Tony and the other Avengers still need to be warned before it was too late.

I walk up to Will's house and ring his doorbell multiple times. "All right, all right. I'm coming. Chill out." I hear Will say before he opens the door. A concerned look crosses his face when he sees the cuts and bruises on my face.

"Kaitlyn? What happened?" Will asks. He notices the gladiator armor I was still wearing from my time on Sakaar. "What are you wearing?" Without saying a word, I hug Will and the two of us walk back into his house. I use my powers to shut the door and immediately start crying.

"Hey. Shh, shh. It's okay." Will says.

~*~

After a few minutes of crying, I finally settled down and silently walked up to the bathroom. I grabbed some clothes from Courtney's room(Will's sister) and changed out of the gladiator armor. Before I changed into Courtney's clothes, I took off the breastplate armor and looked into the mirror. I could see the bruises and scars I acquired throughout the years of being an Avenger along my stomach and back and the new ones I just got after getting ambushed by Thanos. I looked at my face and saw a nasty cut that was on my forehead. My hair was a mess and my eyes were bloodshot and puffy from crying. I continued to look into the mirror.

Tears were beginning to form in my eyes again. I could still see it. I could still see him. Thanos killing Loki. Even though there were some moments I couldn't trust Loki, I cared for him. He was almost like a brother to me. I never imagined that this would happen again. Watching him die. I just wish there was some way I could've stopped him. Some way to prevent Thanos from ever killing him. But I was too weak to use my powers again. Too weak to fight off Ebony Maw and his levitation powers.

I looked down at the snake ring. I wished that the ring would glow again. I wished that as long as the eyes kept glowing, I would know that Loki is still with me and everything I saw was just a bad nightmare and I would wake up soon. But, sadly, this is a nightmare I know is real and everything I know and love is about to change.

I jump slightly when I hear a light knock on the door. "Hey, Kait. Is everything all right? Do you need help with anything?" Will asks.

"Everything's fine, Will. I just need a few more minutes." I say.