Chapter 17- Epilogue

Two weeks later

It's been two weeks since Thanos snapped his fingers and wiped out half the universe. Will had just come home from Kaitlyn's funeral. He was at his parent's old home. After Thanos had snapped half the universe from existence, Will learned that his family hadn't survived the snap. He was so distraught about what had happened with Kaitlyn and now his family he didn't want to go back to his apartment. Ever since he got back from Wakanda, all he ever did was stay in his room and lie in his bed. It was hard for him to do anything. He didn't eat. He couldn't sleep. He barely answered the phone when Steve or anyone else from the Avengers tried to call him. They visited him every few days to check up on him, but that was about it.

As Will lay on his bed, he couldn't stop thinking about Kaitlyn. He looks at a picture of him and Kaitlyn on his bedside table. They were in a park in London, and Kaitlyn was on his back. They were both smiling. Will remembers this day like it was yesterday. Summer break was almost over and Will asked Kaitlyn if she wanted to spend a day with him and his family before school started. She said yes. It was the happiest she's ever been. Will knew about her being with the Avengers and what Loki did to her in New York. He always tried his best to make her smile or do a nice thing for her whenever she had a bad day or couldn't sleep.

But there were some days when he had to leave her alone for a couple of days because she wasn't doing well mentally and needed to be by herself to clear her head. That day in the park helped her forget about what happened for a little while. Will and Kaitlyn were finishing up a game of catch. The rule for Kaitlyn was no powers. She had to play like a regular person. Will's mom wanted to get a picture of them, so Kaitlyn hopped on his back and Will's mom snapped the picture. Will didn't want that day to end. He wished that time would stop and he could live in that moment forever.

But that moment has, unfortunately, ended. Will was stuck here. At this time. Eventually, he would have to go back out into the world. But how could he? How could he go back out there without the most important person he cared about? The one person he loves. He can't live without her. But he's going to have to try. It's what she would want.

But.

Instead of getting up, tears start to form in his eyes

Instead of getting up, tears start to form in his eyes. Will puts his hands over his face and begins to cry. He spent most of the day lying in bed. It was close to dinner time when he heard someone enter the house from downstairs. He knew it was one of the Avengers because it's been a few days since one of them showed up.

"Hey, Will, I brought you some food!" Natasha calls out. Wiping the tears from his eyes, Will gets up from his bed and walks downstairs. Natasha hears him and turns around. "Hey, I got you some pizza from that place you like. Eat it before it gets cold." Will doesn't say anything and stays on the steps.

Natasha notices his red, puffy eyes, and a sad look crosses her face. "You okay?" She asks. Will doesn't say anything and averts his gaze. "Do you want to talk?" Will shakes his head and sits down on the steps.