Chapter 9- Nidavellir

"I am Groot

"I am Groot." An irritated Groot says as he, Rocket, and Thor continue to fly through space.

Rocket rolls his eyes. "Tinkle in the cup. We're not looking. What's there to see? What's a twig? Everybody's seen a twig before." Thor was standing in the back while Rocket was piloting the space pod and Groot was playing his video game.

"I am Groot." He said again.

"Tree, pour what's in the cup out into space and go in the cup again." Thor says, turning around.

"You speak Groot?" Rocket asks.

"Yes, they taught it on Asgard. It was an elective." Thor says.

"I am Groot."

"You'll know when we're close. Nidavellir's forge harnesses the blazing power of a neutron star." Thor says, moving away from the window and sitting down. "It's the birthplace of my hammer. It's truly awesome."

Rocket turns his chair to see Thor sitting sadly beside the window and sighs. "Okay, time to be the captain." He gets up from his chair and walks over to a console near Thor. "So, dead brother, huh? Yeah, that could be annoying."

"Well, he's been dead before. But, no, this time I think it really might be true." Thor says.

"And you said your sister and your dad?" Rocket asks.

"Both dead." Thor replies, shaking his head.

"But still got a mom, though?" Rocket asks.

"Killed by a dark elf." Thor says.

"A best friend?" Rocket asks.

"Stabbed through the heart." Thor says. He looks at Rocket. "The only person I have left is Kaitlyn and I can't allow anything to happen to her. I made a promise I would come back to her but, this is something I have to do first."

Rocket's face softens at the mention of Kaitlyn's name. He hasn't seen her in almost a year and though he doesn't say it, he misses her. A single tear falls down from Thor's one good eye.