Chapter 11- Wakanda

Thanos and Gamora were on Vormir

Thanos and Gamora were on Vormir. They travel down the barren wasteland as they make their way to the mountain. "The stone had better be up there. For your sister's sake." Thanos says to Gamora.

The adoptive father and daughter make it up to the mountain. Standing before them is a cloaked, faceless figure. "Welcome, Thanos, son of Alars. Gamora, daughter of Thanos." The hooded figure greets the two.

"You know us?" Thanos asks.

"It is my curse to know all who journey here." The hooded figure says.

"Where is the Soul Stone?" Thanos asks.

"You should know...It extracts a terrible price." The hooded figure says.

"I am prepared," Thanos says.

"We all think that at first." The hooded figure steps out from the shadows and reveals his face. It is the Red Skull. Captain America's enemy from the '40s. "We are all wrong."

The Red Skull leads Thanos and Gamora to the outside pinnacle of the mountain. "How is it you know this place so well?" Thanos asks Red Skull.

"A lifetime ago, I, too, sought the stones. I even held one in my hand. But it cast me out, banished me here." Red Skull explains. "Guiding others to a treasure I cannot express." The Red Skull leads them through the gates of the mountaintop, stopping at the edge of the precipice.

"What you seek lies in front of you. As does what you fear." Red Skull says.

"What's this?" Gamora asks.

"The price. Soul holds a special place among the Infinity Stones. You might say it has a certain wisdom." Red Skull says.

"Tell me what it needs," Thanos says.

"To ensure that whoever possesses it...Understands its power...the stone demands a sacrifice." Red Skull says.

"Of what?" Thanos asks.

"In order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love. A soul...for a soul." Red Skull replies.

As Thanos looks grimly over the edge, Gamora begins to laugh at the irony of the situation. "All my life, I dreamed of a day...a moment...when you got what you deserved. And I was always so disappointed." Gamora shakes her head and walks behind Thanos.

She continues. "But now...you kill and torture...and you call it mercy. The universe has judged you. You asked it for a prize, and it told you no. You failed. And do you wanna know why? Because you love nothing. No one."

Gamora looks up at her father just as he turns around with tears in his eyes. "No," Thanos says.

Gamora tilts her head in disbelief. "Really? Tears?"

 "Really? Tears?"