Chapter 12- Battle of Wakanda

On Nidavellir, Rocket is flying the space pod while Thor was standing outside. "I don't think you get the scientifics here." Rocket says to Thor over their comms. "These rings are gigantic. You wanna get them moving...you're gonna need something a lot bigger to yank 'em loose."

"Leave that to me," Thor responds.

"Leave it to you?" Rocket asks. "Buddy, you're in space. All you got is a rope and a..." Rocket is cut off and starts screaming when Thor begins to spin the pod around with the rope attached to it.

"Fire the engines!" Thor yells. Rocket did what he was told and as they fly through the rings, Thor digs his feet into the ring, still holding onto the rope.

"More power, rabbit!" Thor strains. As Thor continued to hold onto the rope, Rocket fires the engines and the rings begin to move. The star finally bursts to life, the rings align, and a jet of light streams through the forge.

"Well done, boy," Eitri says.

Thor looks through the window of the pod and points to the star. "That's Nidavellir." Rocket's eyes light up as the star shoots a beam of energy through the mold but the iris begins to close and the light disappears.

"The mechanism is crippled," Eitri says.

"What?" Thor asks.

"With the iris closed, I can't heat the metal," Eitri explains.

"How long will it take to heat it?" Thor asks.

"A few minutes, maybe more. Why?" The dwarf asks.

"I'm gonna hold it open," Thor says.

"That's suicide," Eitri says.

"So is facing Thanos without that axe," Thor says before jumping off the pod and flying to the star.

~*~

Back in Wakanda, Steve, Natasha, Bucky, and I were flying on a hovercraft with Wakandan soldiers while Bruce is in a Hulkbuster since the Hulk still refused to come out. "How we looking, Bruce?" Natasha asks in her comms.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it," Bruce says just as he flies past us

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it," Bruce says just as he flies past us. "Wow! This is amazing, man. It's like being the Hulk without actually..." Bruce trips over a rock and hits the ground. I couldn't help but smile a little while Okoye just gives him an unamused look as the hovercraft flies past Bruce. He stands up. "I'm okay. I'm okay."

"I've got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line," Rhodey informs us. Once the Wakandan hovercrafts drop us off at the frontlines, a member of the Dora Milaje shouts a command in their native language, Xhosa, and as other tribe members stand with us, a warrior named M'Baku, leader of the Jabari rallies his soldiers with a war cry. M'Baku stops when T'Challa greets him. Okoye stands with her king while Steve, Natasha, Bucky, and I stand adjacent to them. I was standing in between Steve and Natasha. Since everyone was either wearing armor or their superhero uniform, I was dressed in a dark blue t-shirt, a black leather jacket where the sleeves went up to my elbows, black pants, and black combat boots. I was also wearing the arrowhead necklace that Clint Barton gave me and the snake ring that Loki gave me.