Prematurely Powerless

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Most of Stark Industries' employees would take one look at me and think I was living the best life.

Having Tony Stark as a dad, residing at the top of Avengers Tower, living in the lap of luxury, and having a guaranteed plan to graduate College by the age of seventeen...

But none of them knew that the one main con of having all that is the dread that engulfed me whenever the Avengers were out on a mission.

There was only one thing worse than having to sit patiently while the Avengers were out risking their lives for our safety.

That was knowing my father was out there with them.

What's even worse was the anxiety I felt every time he said goodbye, hugging me like it would be the last time he ever did. It triggered the dread I felt of not knowing whether or not he was coming home to me.

It started when I was ten, sitting through my dad's disappearance before he returned with a battery for a heart with the excuse of being half robot sent me spiralling.

And after what happened three years ago with Loki, things have only gotten more dangerous for the team. Meaning that I've grown more protective of my father.

So when he told me they'd be looking for the location of Loki's old staff, I didn't hesitate to grab hold of his legs and cling to him until he agreed to stay behind and let the rest of the team raid the Hydra base and get themselves killed... Presumably.

But it was to no avail as he easily dragged his foot along the helipad, shaking me off with a single thrust of his foot into the air each time.

This led me to where I was, pacing around the tower for hours, pulling on the roots of my hair and cursing at my inability to help.

Being literally powerless was the most inconvenient thing about being Iron Man's kid.

I couldn't wait any longer. How long had it been?

Did they say they'd be back soon?

What did they mean by soon?

A few hours?

The next day?

A month?

It was too much...

Luckily, before I could scratch the skin off my scalp, the sound of Jarvis' voice echoed from my computer to my earpiece.

"Miss Stark, they're landing soon."

"How soon?" I asked, not realising the obvious panic in my voice.

"Circling the tower as we speak."

I was out of that room without a second thought.

My bare feet leapt across the floors, hastily rushing through various hallways and staircases.

Greetings from the agents flew right over my head as I focused on the open entryway ahead of me.

I could feel my heartbeat pick up just as the Quinjet hovered down on the landing. The tip of its wings curled in on itself as the wheels made contact with the helipad.

"Whoa there!" An arm flew out before me. My feet stopped abruptly and I stumbled into the outstretched arm of Maria Hill. "Relax, Y/N."

I couldn't.