Realistic Reality

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Dad?" I paced my bedroom, avoiding eye contact with the computer screen where my dad was walking around some part of India.

"Is this important? Did you launch another chair through a window because I'm running out of patience with your impul-"

"Dad, there's this party tonight. Like happening right now actually." I cut him off, wincing at myself.

"Party? Like... 'Get drunk and pregnant at the age of 16' kind of party?" He asked condescendingly, pausing to drink. I feel my heart racing, biting my lip and fiddling with my fingers.

"Yeah- well, No! Peter's gonna be there and I kinda just... I thought I was supposed to keep an eye on him?" I purse my lips, hoping he doesn't pick up on my mannerisms.

"Keep an eye on him?"

"Y'know-..." I speak suddenly in a high pitched tone. "Y... Y'know..." I repeat a little quieter with a shrug.

"You're not going to a high school party, Y/N. End call."

"Wait, that's totally unfa-" I sigh when the call ends and huff. I take a few deep breaths, crying out in frustration.

With my arms crossed, I kick my desk chair aside, a small device catching my eye under my desk.

● ◉ ◎ ◈ ◎ ◉ ●

Via stasis mode, I walked along the side of the bridge towards Peter who was upside down.

I moved next to him and peeked over to see three guys standing by two vehicles. From the looks of it, I assumed it was an exchange or a sale of some kind.

"Oh, this must be where the ATM robbers got their stuff."

"What stuff?" I asked, eliciting a small shriek from Peter who immediately slapped his hand over his masked mouth.

"Neoma? Where did you come from?" He asked frantically.

"You're not the only one who can walk on walls, Spidey," I shrugged.

"I need something to stick up somebody. I'm not trying to shoot them back in time," the buyer told the bald guy.

I squinted, leaning forward slightly and gasping. "Are we doing a drug bust?"

"Weapons." Peter mumbled.

"Not as cool but whatever."

"Hey, if you're here, Mr Stark must be on his way, right?" Peter asked, making me swallow hard.

"Peter, don't tell Mr Stark I'm here. I kinda used a thingy to chip the tracker out of my suit. As far as he knows, I'm still doing my biochem essay at the Avengers Compound."

"Right, right, okay."

The guy who was rummaging through the van's inventory spoke up, "I've got- antigrav climbers."

"Yo, climbers?"

I scoffed. "My nickname back at home is the antigrav climber." A small snicker came from Peter, bringing a giddy smile to my face.

Suddenly, yodelling started playing from somewhere on Peter, alerting the trio.

"Okay, what the hell was that?" The guy asked.

"Dude, what the fuck kind of ringtone is that?" I panicked when they spotted us. Peter struggled to find the source of the sound.

Peter brought out an old cellphone with Ned's face displayed on its screen.