Mew Mew

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I found myself in the elevator once again, juice box in hand while I sipped from its tiny plastic straw.

The only reason I did go down was the appalling lack of non-alcoholic beverages at the party.

when I arrived back upstairs, the Avengers were the only ones left, sitting around a table, bantering and drinking light beer.

"It's much more than that," Thor laughed when Barton attempted to debunk the almighty Mjölnir. I stepped out of the elevator and went to sit beside Maria on the floor.

"Ah, whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power!" Barton mocked, extending his palms out and deepening his voice. "Whatever, man! It's a trick!" He scoffed.

Thor gestured to the hammer sitting on the table between the group. "Please, be my guest."

Thus began the montage of each Avenger attempting to lift Mjölnir, each to no avail.

First up was Barton who still refused to admit the lack of an act.

Next was my father who, even with the help of his and Rhodey's iron man thrusters, was unsuccessful.

Then Bruce desperately tried to bring out the Hulk only to end up embarrassing himself with a random yell of forced frustration.

Then Steve managed a light budge. The lightest of the light. Though, it did wipe the smug smile off Thor's face for a millisecond.

Then, surprisingly...

"What about young Stark?" Thor suggested jokingly.

"You're kidding," Tony laughed.

I laughed. "Okay." Accepting the challenge, I pushed myself off the floor and stood before the infamous Mjölnir, giving it a small test tug to see if they all weren't just putting on a show. I hummed when it felt sturdy enough.

Standing firm, I pointed to the hammer with one fist on my hip. "Get ready to be lifted, Mewmew!"

With my small figure, I was able to step onto the table and pull, securing the soles of my shoes against the edge of the wood.

I could hear them laughing and cheering me on. I took it as both motivation and mockery, either way fueling my adrenaline.

I winced, pulling with all my might. I felt like a cartoon character trying to pull on a door handle with their feet planted on it. The hammer felt like it was built into the table.

In fact, with one aggressive tug, instead of the hammer, the table moved. Its legs screeched against the floor and the sudden force made me let go and fall back, inducing more laughter from the group.

Luckily, I landed in Natasha's arm with her beer in her other hand as she was standing behind me the entire time.

"You were surprisingly strong!" She commented, helping me down.

"Not strong enough to lift the hammer," I groaned, straightening out my dress.

"And, Widow?" Bruce offered the opportunity.