Fluttery Feeling

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

My gaze was drawn to the small brown hairy-looking figurine in my hand, which resembled the fuzzy animal in one of the posters.

The entire room was in disarray. I wasn't saying mine wasn't, but this was annoying.

Annoying that I didn't have this much stuff in my room.

To be honest, I was jealous of the abundance of posters and toys. No matter how old this Peter Parker was, the things he owned made me green with envy. And his apparent freedom to attend a regular school.

I wanted this kid's life, whoever he was.

A small smile formed on my face when I heard the door open and two people step in.

"Do all fourteen-year-olds own toys like this? Or are you just a huge nerd?" I spoke, looking up to see my dad standing with who I assumed was our recruit.

His face showed utter shock as he looked at me. I suddenly felt very uncomfortable in his presence...

Not only that...

An unfamiliar feeling bubbled in the pit of my stomach the moment our eyes met... Well, when his eyes met my blurry visor.

It wiped my head clean of any thoughts as I struggled to figure out what it was.

Everything felt like... Like... 

An explosion.

Like this boy was the answer to all my questions yet at the same time he was why I had a million. Like I knew him so well yet I didn't.

I couldn't explain it.

The strange bubbly feeling in my stomach changed and it felt like there was a whole kaleidoscope of butterflies fluttering around and trying to force their way out through my throat. I couldn't speak in front of him.

Was he a threat? Was he doing this to me?

I snapped out of it as soon as the lock on the door clicked. My dad went over to the bin to spit out a piece of the loaf May was offering earlier. "As walnut date loaves go, that wasn't bad."

Peter's breathing hitched as he stared. "Neoma's in my bedroom."

The glint in his eyes as he acknowledged my presence perplexed me. I was expecting some sort of fanboy reaction, but hearing it from him?

Every pitch of his breathy acknowledgement echoed around me, as did every tinge of ache in my chest.

I grew irritated at the feeling and concluded that I was probably just not used to meeting another teenager.

All I could muster was a simple, "Huh..." I bit the corner of my lip. "Nice to meet you, Peter Parker."

"You know my name?" He asked in a particularly high-pitched voice.

The feeling stayed and I couldn't process what it was or how to react to it.

I couldn't control the heavy irritation in my heart and couldn't quite stop myself from taking it out on the main source of the issue.

I scoffed and shook my head. "No, other than being able to manipulate gravity, I can read your mind. Yes, I know your name," I hissed, my words laced with pure sarcasm as I went to sit on the edge of his bed.

"Sorry about her. She's probably sour about the idea of there being another teenage superhero and- Whoa! What do we have here?" My dad's attention was immediately caught by the monitor on Peter's desk. "Retro tech, huh? Thrift store? Salvation army?"