Friendly Neighbourhood Peter Parker

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Did Liz get a new top?"

"No. We've seen that before, but never with that skirt."

"We should probably stop staring before it gets creepy."

I scoffed, sinking further down into the floor of the cramped storage closet, pressing my shoes up against the opposite wall.

My dad gave me a very important job. One that would keep me away from his and Steve's petty disagreement.

One that involved going undercover as fifteen-year-old Michelle Scott from Toronto to keep an eye on Peter Parker who, surprisingly, lived a very repetitive life.

It was fun at first, seeing what he did as an everyday teenager. To experience first-hand what it was like to be a normal kid.

And to spend time with Peter —Which I had to stop after my dad reminded me I wasn't supposed to get close to him—

But after two straight months of his perfect record, nightly rounds as Spider-Man, hanging out with the other guy and ogling over some girl I knew to be Liz Allan from his Academic Decathlon team... I was exhausted.

Bored even.

I think the only notable thing about Peter so far was that he and May moved apartments recently. His room got bigger and his neighbourhood got less sketchy... In comparison.

I couldn't even tell him that I was me. My dad wanted to make sure he didn't act differently when aware that he was under surveillance.

Plus, I had to put college on hold for this and I wasn't allowed to be a "gifted kid" as my dad said. So no raising my hand when I know the answer to a question, no getting perfect scores on tests, and I had to miss one or two homework.

Which, by the way, I learned were extra activities given to finish at home...

Which was the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

But on the bright side, I got to learn a lot about school and how other kids felt about it.

Like how some kids were really into it while others were on the verge of dropping out. There was a grey area but it was way too big to go over.

"Where's the new girl?"

I quickly sat up straight and increased the volume on my laptop, pressing my headset down harder against my ears.

"Since when did you start caring about the new girl?" Peter asked.

"Don't you think it's weird that she's in every single one of your classes, has a locker next to you, and has the same after school activities as you do?"

Dear God, was it that obvious?

"Could just be a coincidence."

"Peter, that's way too big to be a coincidence."

"What are you suggesting?"

"I don't know. She could be working for the government. For all we know, she could be listening in right now."

He wasn't half wrong.

Peter took a second before responding.

"Why would the government be going after me?"

"What if they noticed how smart you were and sent Michelle Scott to take you to work for them?"

I slammed my laptop shut and bit the cuff of my sleeve to keep from laughing.