Neoma's First Friend

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Purple.

A big purple mass floating in space was what I had opened my eyes to.

My body spun slowly in front of it. Eyes, reflecting the bright hues of purple and tiny waves of black.

It was like the sun with its wavy exterior, buzzing the loudest buzzing I've ever heard. Although, it didn't affect me much negatively.

It was alluring... Enticing...

My hand reached out, only to find it was much further than I thought.

I couldn't move closer when I tried.

What was this?

Why was it here?

Why was I here in space with it?

Whatever it was, I found myself wanting to get closer. To touch it. I had to. Why wouldn't it let me?

Before I could further contemplate, my eyes blinked open.

The sight of my dad's face was the sole focus of my gaze as the rest of the world slowly faded into view.

"Hey, little Neoma, we're here," he patted my knee which I fully felt. The numbing and the pain had gone away.

"Where?" I asked groggily, rubbing my eyes to help them adjust to the bright sunlight leaking through the Jet's opening.

"Come on," a hand landed on the small of my back as I was led out of the ship.

I immediately stopped in my tracks at the scenery in front of me.

A small two-story house in an open field surrounded by nature.

Speaking of, instead of dirt, my feet were met with cold spiky stuff in the ground. I noticed the grass painting the land as far as the eye could see.

The sky was so clear and the air was so fresh.

My breathing hitched. It was so strange to see a normal-looking house. I'd been so used to living in a tall building surrounded by other tall buildings that seeing this small, secluded home generated an error in my system.

"What's up?"

I turned to my dad and shook my head. "Nothing... I just... This is very weird to me," I admitted, looking back at the house.

"You got a thing for small, cosy houses, Rapunzel?" He joked, following the rest of the team as they walked in a line towards the door.

I wouldn't mind living like this...

I quickly shook my head before I got too comfortable and caught up with the group.

"What is this place?" Thor asked as we stepped onto the porch.

"Safe house," my dad answered.

"Let's hope," Clint, who had his arm around Nat's back, pushed the door open, allowing everyone to flood in.

My brain instantly shut down as I stepped into the foyer.

The wooden doors with the tainted glass were a huge contrast to the minimalistic, monochrome ones back at the tower. And the lamps and ceiling lights were much different than the built-in lighting, I simply clapped my hands to turn them on and off.

The space was much more cramped than the wide, spacious hallways and rooms that were a pain to forget something in.

It was so different... So small... So homey...