episode one, part one: not-so happy students.

EDIT: THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN REWRITTEN TO FIX ERRORS AND IMPROVE CONTENT.

-

Author's Note: Hey! Welcome to the first chapter of Total Danganronpa Island! Before we do anything else, allow me to go over the origins and premise of this fanfic.

Okay, so I love both Danganronpa and Total Drama, so naturally, I looked up and read crossover fanfics about them. As much as I liked them, most of them focused on the Total Drama cast in the killing game. And the ones that did focus on the Danganronpa cast either A.) didn't have the best writing, or B.) had only a few chapters published and then went inactive (and in a few cases, all of the above).

Basically, I wanted to see a fanfic with this premise that had semi-decent quality writing, and would be completed. So, here I am, to make this dream a reality!

In short, I selected twenty-two Danganronpa characters I liked (or were, at least, easy to write) and dumped them into the first season of Total Drama. Looking back at it now, there was probably better characters that I could've chosen, but overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the cast.

Oh, and one more thing I should mention. For intents and purposes, you'll have to imagine the Jabberwock Island in the fic as a "modified" Jabberwock Island (you'll see what I mean).

Well, that's all I want to say for now. Sorry for the long introduction, and I'll see you at the end!

Please enjoy!

-

The episode opened on a lovely day somewhere in the middle of the ocean.

In the background, you could see the bright, golden sun and scattered clouds on beautiful blue sky. In the foreground was a wooden dock, worn with use and a telltale sign of habitation.

A man then popped into view.

He was a handsome man; made evident by his wind-swept black hair and the good amount of stubble on his chiseled jaw. He was dressed in an oddly casual outfit, more suitable for the outdoors, but it was obvious that it was high quality nonetheless.

"Yo!" he began. "We're coming at ya live from Jabberwock Island, somewhere in Tokyo, Japan! I'm your host, Chris McLean, dropping season one of the hottest new reality show on television, right now!"

Walking down the dock, Chris continued with his explanation.

"Here's the deal: twenty-two campers have signed up to spend eight weeks right here on this island. They'll compete in challenges against each other, then have to face the judgment of their fellow campers. Every three days, one team will either win a reward or watch one of their own walk down the Dock of Shame, take a ride on the Boat of Losers—"

A picture of said boat dropped down on ropes, and Chris chuckled.

"—and leave Total Drama Island, for good."

With that, the scene changed and a shot of a beach could be seen.

Off to the far left, the ocean shore was visible. To the right of it, sat several stumps, and to the right of that, a small campfire pit. And, finally, off to the far right was an upright oil drum (most likely intended to be used as a podium).

"Their fate will be decided here," Chris explained, popping back into view, "at the dramatic campfire ceremony, where each week, all but one camper will receive...a marshmallow."

The shot changed to the oil podium, where a plate of marshmallows sat. Chris picked one up and ate it. "In the end, only one will be left standing, and will be rewarded with cheesy tabloid fame, and a small fortune—which, let's face it, they'll probably blow in a week."