episode eleven: basic straining

Author's Note: This is, hands-down, my all-time favorite episode of Total Drama. I just really love Chef Hatchet, lmao.

Anyways, this chapter was a blast to write, so I can only hope that you guys enjoy it as well. 

Well then, sit back and enjoy!

-

"Last time on Total Drama Island, the teams were given three challenges that tested their trust in their teammates. Mikan learned the hard way that she shouldn't be near explosives, ever, and Leon got the bad end of a blowfish, courtesy of his own crappy cooking. Meanwhile, Ryoma and Kaede had an interesting conversation that Celestia eavesdropped on. Wonder how that'll play out..."

Chris chuckled as the camera showed him standing at the docks. "In the end, Mikan was the one sent packing after breaking her arm in a freak accident. Stay tuned for the most dramatic campfire ceremony yet on...

Total...

Drama...

Island!"

-
Episode Eleven: Basic Straining

-

The episode opened on a normal sunny day on Jabberwock Island, before panning the market. There, Rantaro was idly glancing through the shelves. He turned around to examine the shelves opposite him, and that's when he noticed Maki standing there.

"Oh hey, Maki," Rantaro greeted, giving her a small wave. "What's up?"

"Nothing much," she replied, brushing a strand of hair out of her face. "I did want to ask you something, though."

"Shoot."

"I remember you saying... You said you wanted to be my friend. Why?"

A small smile appeared on his face as he said, "Well, you seem like a pretty cool girl. Between your physical prowess and baking skills, it would be a crime not to befriend you. Plus, no offense, you kinda look like you need one."

Besides the slight downturn of her lips at the last sentence, Maki didn't react much to Rantaro's answer. "Well, you wouldn't be wrong. I haven't really made any friends since I got here."

"In that case, I don't think it would hurt to try making one, yeah? What've you got to lose?"

Maki stared at Rantaro for a long moment, then sighed. "Fine. I guess I can try this "whole" friend thing. I wouldn't get your hopes up, though."

Rantaro chuckled. "As long as you try your best, that's good enough for me."

As Maki opened her mouth to respond, the monitors came to life. However, instead of the expected voice of Chris echoing through, the booming voice of Chef Hatchet rang out.

"Listen up, you little cockroaches! I want all campers to report to the Dock of Shame at 0900 hours!"

Maki and Rantaro exchanged a glance, looking just as confused as the other.

"That means now, soldiers! Now!"

At that, the two made a dash out of the market and to the dock.

-

Soon, all of the campers were gathered at the Dock of Shame. Chef, who was dressed in a drill instructor's outfit, stood before them.

"Line up and stand at attention! You call this proper formation?!" Chef barked into a megaphone before pulling out a pointing stick and walking down the line of campers.

"Feet together!" Chef smacked Leon's legs, causing the boy to yelp.

"Arms down!" He then smacked Maki's crossed arms, which she then dropped.