episode ten: who can you trust?

Author's Note: Hello, again! It's nice to see you all!

Oh, and one thing: I have a Tumblr now! So, if you want to chat about this story (or just talk to me in general), feel free to find me at stawberrymixt. Alright, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

-

"Last time on Total Drama Island, things really got cooking between the campers! Hilarious shenanigans ensued, Leon had a rough day, and Hiro came across the cursed statue, which ultimately led to him burning down half of the kitchen. ...Somehow."

"Anyways, it was finally time for Hiro to go." The footage switched to Chris, and he continued. "Now that the curse has been lifted, will the Bass finally bounce back? Or will the Gophers keep up their winning streak? And just how much trust do the campers have in each other? Find out this week, on...

Total...

Drama...

Island!"

-

Episode Ten: Who Can You Trust?

-

The episode opened with the familiar dark-skinned arm of Chef Hatchet scooping a pale orange mixture onto an empty tray.

"Today's breakfast," Chef announced as he stuck a straw into the pile, "is Japanese-French fusion casserole!"

Junko took th tray and stared at the food with an upturned nose. "Yeah, no, I'm pretty sure this is just leftovers from the cooking challenge."

"Yeah, that's right!" Chef snapped. "You got a problem with that?!"

"No, sir!" Junko saluted at him, and Chef saluted back. She then turned on her heel to find a table to sit at, but not before exchanging a glare with Leon who sat at the table closest to her. Sayaka, who sat at the table with Leon, shot them both a worried look that went unnoticed.

Meanwhile, at another table, Maki was eating her breakfast alone when someone took a seat in the empty chair across from her.

Maki stopped eating her breakfast to look up at the person, eyebrow raised. "...Rantaro? What do you want?"

"Hey," he started with a wave and a grin. "Just wanted to say, I tasted those eclairs you made yesterday and they were pretty good."

Maki shot him a skeptical look, but replied nonetheless. "Uh... Thanks? I don't know why you bothered trying them."

"Well, Chris never actually got to try them because of the whole kitchen mishap, yeah? It'd be a shame if they just went to waste."

Maki didn't respond and opted to play with her pigtails. "Why are you even telling me this? You're not trying to be friends with me, are you?"

"Well... Yeah."

Maki huffed. "Well, you can stop right now. There's no point being friends with me?" With that, Maki stood up and walked away from the table, not even to bring her unfinished breakfast with her.

-

CONFESSIONAL - MAKI:

"I don't understand why Rantaro of all people is trying to befriend me," she said, arms crossed. "It won't work. I haven't made any friends since...since..."

-

A touching and emotional tune began to play as the host stood somewhere in the forest.

"Hi," he began sadly, "Chris here. Sometimes, teams just...don't get along. So, the producers and I thought the best way to work through the group friction would be..." His melancholic frown suddenly twisted into a mischievous grin. "To exploit it for laughs! This is gonna be awesome!"