FOUNDER'S DAY (S1:E22)

Stefan and I are already at the parade in our ridiculous costumes, waiting for our girls. That's when Damon arrives.

Damon: Look at you two, all retro.

Stefan: What are you doing here?

Damon: Why wouldn't I be here? Sam's marvelous girlfriend deactivated the Gilbert invention, Isobel is gone and it's Founders' Day! I'm here to eat cotton candy and steal your girls.

Sam : Jokes on you, Brother. Bonnie hates you. Elena though,...

Stefan: Don't start with me, Damon. And Sam, don't encourage him.

I just shrug my shoulders.

Damon: Oh, you started this Stefan with that whole "I'm insecure, leave Elena alone" speech. I'm enjoying that.

A chuckle escapes my throat at hearing that.

Stefan: As long as you heard it.

Sam : Wait, you really did that, Stef? Oh my God, that's so pathetic. It's Damon, Bro. Chill out.

Damon: Shut up, Sam. And what's with the long face? You have no sense of humor, Stefan.

Stefan: Actually I've no sense of 'Damon humor'.

Damon: 'Damon humor'...Hey look, I get it, I get it. I'm the better, hotter, superior choice and you're scared, now that Katherine is out of the picture, that I'm gonna turn all my attention to Elena.

Hell to the no. I'm better, hotter and hell, millionfolds superior than both of them combined. He's damn lucky he ain't involving Witchy in this thing.

Damon : Don't worry, Elena is not Katherine.

Stefan: You're right, she's not.

That's when we see Elena approaching. In her period dress she looks strikingly like Katherine. So much so I even feel a little bloodsheddy. She smiles at us and curtsies. I can barely hold my laughter.

Sam : Oh God, fate sure is cruel sometimes.

-

Bonnie and I stand next to each other while she takes photos of random students.

Bonnie : Want me to take a pic of you as well? I mean a photo of you in this get up...

Sam : Yeah... no. I don't even know when I signed up for this.

Bonnie : You didn't. Caroline asked me if you were free, so I kinda got you signed up for this.

A complete look of betrayal befalls my face.

Sam : You think this is funny?

Bonnie : I do.

Is it too offensive if I say this? Nah, she brought this upon herself.

Sam : Well, these clothes are quite representative from the time I started sleeping with half your family tree.

Bonnie : I hate you with every inch of my body.

Sam : That's not a lot of inches.

Shock is written all over her face.

Bonnie : Samuel Salvatore, I'll have you know that I may be short, but I'm knowing.

Sam : Please, you don't even know what the top shelf looks like.

She smacks my shoulder while being unable to contain her laughter, making me smile even wider.

-

I was chilling with Bonnie a bit, but then a desperate Jeremy pulled me aside without really saying what he wants. That's until we come to a halt at a quiet place.