KNOW THY ENEMY (S2:E17)

Bonnie wakes up next to me in my bed. We didn't have sex, we didn't even cuddle. We just slept next to each other.

Sam : Good morning, Bonnie.

Bonnie : Morning, Sam.

Yep, it's still very awkward between us. After everything that happened yesterday, me talking some damn sense into her after she started to doubt everything that we are, it's to be expected.

Bonnie : You're still angry, right?

Sam : Yeah, a little bit. But it's nothing that a bit of time can't fix.

She smiles weakly.

Bonnie : Sam... will it ever be like it was before yesterday?

Sam : Yes, I'm sure of it.

My phone goes off, laying on my desk. I kiss Bonnie's forehead, then get out of bed and walk over to answer the call.

Sam : Yes... Wha-... God damn it. I'm on my way.

I end the call and slam my phone back on the wooden desk.

Sam : It was Elena. Apparently Isobel turned up at her house. Guess who answered the door.

Bonnie : Oh no... was it Jenna?

Sam : Yep. Anyway, I gotta go. Wanna come along?

Bonnie : I would, but I promised Caroline to help her organize something at school.

Sam : No problem. I can take you to school though, right?

She smiles.

Bonnie : Yes, I'd really like that.

-

I walk down the stairs with Stefan and Damon, Bonnie still getting ready upstairs.

Stefan: Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep.

Sam : Poor Jenna.

Damon: What's Isobel even doing here?

Stefan: I don't know. That's what I'm gonna go find out.

Katherine joins us.

Katherine: I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here.

Sam : Scared your bestie is gonna be in a bad mood?

Katherine: It's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb.

Damon: You're the one in cahoots with them. You made a deal with John that almost got me killed.

Sam : Which wasn't nice at all, by the way. Bad Kitty-Kat!

Katherine: I did what I had to get out of the tomb. Now I'm reconsidering my alliance.

She turns around but Stefan interrupts her.

Stefan: What do you know?

Katherine: I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on team you. I mean you, minus Sam. Besides, if you three ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the less people know that I'm here, the better. Think about it, Stefan. Come on. Be smart.

Stefan: Tell you what. Why don't you, uh...Call Alaric and let him know that his wife just showed up on his girlfriend's doorstep.

I chuckle a bit. It's really tragic, it really is... but it's kinda funny too.

-

Damon and I open the door to the Martin's apartment. Bonnie and Jeremy are with us as well. Why is Jeremy there? No fucking clue.