BRAVE NEW WORLD (S2:E2)

Damon and I got called to the Lockwood Mansion again, since Carol, Tyler's Mom, wants to talk about a few things. Why am I here?

Looks like word got around the Council that I'm 'helping Damon a little bit'. If they'd only knew. We're in the living room with Carol Lockwood right now, listening to the newly widowed woman. Hm, wonder who's fault that is.

Carol: So I understand John Gilbert has left town. Have they found the vampire that attacked him?

Damon: Well, the sheriff has asked me to take the lead on that and Sam has offered to help. I promise you, we will get to the bottom of it.

Carol: Which brings me to my next subject. With Richard gone, I'll be acting as interim mayor until the elections and I'm going to need someone to spearhead out the council. I'd like that person to be you.

I smile at hearing that. Not because I'm so proud of him, but because this guy really played these guys to the point he's the new leader of this anti-vampire boyband.

Damon: Whatever you need Carol. As a founding family member it's something that's very close to me so I would be honored to help keep this town safe from vampires.

Carol : Samuel, I have heard a lot of positive things about you from Damon and Sheriff Forbes. I would like to ask you to join our council as well.

Sam : I help wherever I can.

Mason and Tyler enter the house after exercising, so Carol closes the door of the living room.

Damon: Is it safe to talk?

Carol: It's my brother-in-law, Mason. He's still visiting. I just don't want him to hear us. He didn't want any part of the council when he lived here and I see no reason to bring him into it now.

So, while Damon is listening in on Tyler and Mason, I distract Carol.

Sam : Interm-Mayor Lockwood, I have a few questions about your husband's tragic death.

Carol : Of course, I heard you're more fond of the practical side when it comes to these sort of things. And please, call me Carol.

Sam : Carol, I've been told that your husband reacted to the device John Gilbert used, although he was not a vampire. Do you have any idea as to why that is?

She is quiet, but I just cross my arms in front of my chest and watch her.

Carol : No. Sorry. I have not the slightest clue.

Bullshit.

Carol : Can I interest you in more tea, Samuel?

Sam : No, thanks.

Carol : Damon?

He snaps his head to her.

Carol: More tea? Damon?

Damon: Oh yes, please. Thank you Carol.

She knows something. Mayor Lockwood was not a vampire, so much is obvious. Otherwise, me breaking his neck wouldn't have killed him. But if he's not a vampire, what happened that day?

-

After the whole ordeal with Carol Lockwood, I'm at the Grill enjoying a good glass of whiskey.

It feels like I haven't been here in ages, with so much going on at the moment. At least now, I can finally take a second for myself. Or at least, I thought so.

Elena : Sam? Thank God I found you.

I look to my left, a small smirk on my face.

Sam : Am I your new obsession, Katherine?