FOREWORD

Before the story takes off, I wanted to tell you a few things

I. INSPIRATION

I've been inspired to make a story like this by a lot of other great authors who have done Vampire Diaries stories as well.

I don't necessarily took inspiration from other TVD/TO/Legacies stories exclusively. There's also a lot of Marvel or DC stories which I used for inspiration as well. Sometimes, seeing scenes in other scenarios can give you ideas where to go with you own story.

At this point, nothing is new anymore. I tried to keep the story as original as possible, try to do something I haven't seen before. But, of course, it might be possible that someone has done something very similar to this already, which I'm just not aware of.

II. ORIGINAL CHARACTERS

Besides the obvious OC, which is the main character, I try to use very little original characters. This is still a TVD story, not just a normal book happening alongside the actual TVD plotline.

I've been working on this book for a while now. So much so, that I basically have the plots for the MC all losely written down. So up until now, I have 4 OCs in mind, which I want to include throughout the whole series.

This might seem like a lot, but not every OC has the same relevance to them. Some are just there for backstory. And the really important ones only turn up towards the very end of the show (Spoiler Alert).

III. THE FACE CLAIM

As already shown in the cover of this book, the face claim for Samuel Salvatore will be Harry Styles, and I'd like to tell you why.

First off, Harry Styles just has a certain resemblance to Ian Somerhalder (Damon Salvatore), which I think, if you'd see them both as brothers on screen, you'd believe it.

Secondly, I'm just a big fan of Harry Styles, his music and his personality. Some times it gets a bit hard for me to envision Styles as the MC, because (MINOR SPOILER ALERT) Sam Salvatore does a few rather morally questionable things I find hard to imagine with having Harry playing him.

But thankfully, there are some pictures and gifs on the internet where Harry just look downright badass. That takes care of that.

That's why I think that both the nice and the bad side of Sam Salvatore can be shown through Harry's perspective.

Don't know why I felt the need to explain my reasoning behind the Face Claim, I just wanted to share my reasoning behind this.

IV. RELATIONSHIPS

I want to keep the OC as TVD-legitimate as all the other characters. I want him to feel like an actual character in the universe.

Don't get attached to relationships too much. Sam Salvatore, like every other character in the show, won't have a girlfriend from Season 1 until Season 8. That's all I can say concerning ships.

Everything else, who he will come together with and for how long, will be revealed further on in the story

Now there's nothing left to say besides enjoy the story!