Ch-1-Ruckas-?

. . .

Phil's Kid
Ch-58-Ruckas-?

.   .   .

Robin sat outside the principles office, waiting. She was called down in case she had any knowledge of what happened. She didn't know what happened, but somehow it involved her sister causing trouble, again. So she waited patiently in the office having no idea why she was needed.

Two adults were walking down the hallway. She thought maybe they were there to pick up their kid early. The adults stopped walking when they reached the principal's door. They landed over at Robin, then knocked on the door. A quiet. "Come in." Could be heard on the other side of the door. Then the two adults went in. Maybe they were Hannah's parents.

Four more adults quickly walked down the hallway shortly after. She recognized two as her own patents, but the other two she didn't recognize. Her parents didn't glance at her, instead, they opened the door to the principles office and quickly went in. The other two adults quickly followed.

Now she wondered why there were, what she assumed were three, sets of parents. She thought it was just her sister and Hannah, in there. Oh, no did they rope another kid into their mess?

. . .

Robin was surprised when she said Richard and his parents leave the principles office first. But when her parents left shortly after with her sister, they noticed her sitting outside the office and decided to take her home early along with her sister. The car ride home was silent, so silent you could hear a dog barking from the car next to them.

When they got home they silently entered the house. It was as if one silence would make the twin's parents snap. "Robin, your room." Was all her mother said to her. Robin nodded her head too afraid to speak. She quickly walked up the stairs trying to make as much little noise as possible.

As soon as Robin entered her room and closed the door loud yelling started. They probably waited for her to close the door before yelling. She could hear her parents yelling at her sister. And as usual, her mom was doing all the yelling.

All Robin knew was that what they were yelling about was because of why Lindsey was in the principles office. Robin didn't know what happened, so she didn't know if her sister deserved the yelling or not. But because Hannah, was involved, (her mother yelled that name a few times,) maybe her sister did deserve to be yelled at a bit. Then again it was Hannah who first made Lindsey start acting differently.

Robin was too confused for anything. She assumed, mostly hoped, her parents would tell her later. Robin put her headphones on and decided to start homework early. After all, she did get home early, why not take advantage of the time?

. . .

Dinner that night was silent. Mostly because Lindsey wasn't at the table, so Robin decided to ask the question that distracted her from her homework. "What happened?" She wanted to word it differently to hopefully not be as direct of a question. But her mouth spoke before she could think of another way to ask.

Her mom stabbed the steak with her fork, while her dad took a deep breath. "Your sister is suspended from school, and she's also not going back to that self-defense class that's being used to start fights instead of defending herself." Her mom started speaking louder.

Robin looked at her dad and saw him calmly eating his steak now. "Oh..." Robin mumbled. "I'm so glad your not like her." Her mom starts again. "You always have good grades, and you don't get unto fights as she does." She sighed. "If only she could be more like you."

Robin felt for her sister by what her mother said. Yeah, she shouldn't be fighting, but she never liked being compared to her sister, and comparing her sister to her like this... Robin lost her appetite for the steak and started poking at her potatoes.

"Maybe now you'll get better grades than your sister isn't distracting you." Her mom added on. "We didn't have all the same classes together..." Robin mumbled. Her dad was sat next to her and glanced at her worried. Her mother glared. "What'd you say?" She snarled. "I said well then." Robin quickly said thinking off the top of her head. Her mom ignored her and went back to eating. Her dad looked at her a bit skeptical but ignored it.

After a few minutes of silence, Robin's mom spoke up again. "If she can't behave like you may be sending her to a boarding school would be better. Maybe her grades will finally start to improve."

Robin was shocked. Lindsey's graded we're already great, sure she had a few C's but that's the worst. And sending her to a boarding school, she would never get to talk to Lindsey as much. She would lose her sister.

Sure her sister starts a fight, but Lindsey was her sister, she had to stay on her side, she didn't want to lose the only one who's stand up for her.

The fact that Robin couldn't stand up for Lindsey in front of their own mother make her think, that maybe this was a form of Karma.

.   .   .

When Robin went back to her bedroom after dinner, she saw Lindsey laying on her own bed facing the wall. So robin went over to her bed silently. She knew her sister was most likely still awake, but she didn't want to bother her.

Robin sat down on her bed. She wanted to speak to her sister, and ask what happened, but she didn't know how. It's not like they had many deep conversations before, and this was on a whole different level.

She started a fight, she might lie and say she didn't, but Lindsey was still her sister, she wanted to hear her side of the story first before deciding she was in the wrong.

"Lindsey?" Robin asked out loud. Lindsey didn't say anything. Robin walked next to Lindsey's bed and sat on the ground leaning her back against her sister's bed. "I wanted to ask, what happened?"

. . .

Story trigger warnings:
Arguing.
Mentioned violence
Mentioned abuse
Overall bad parenting
Bullying