Ch-26-Paperbag-?

"Oh, I just, I left early for school but I guess I left to early." I looked out the window and saw some kids walking by. "Too early?" Jamie asked. "I thought the school opened at six?" I shrugged my shoulders. That's right, she used to go to my school too, of course, she would know that they let kids in by now.

.   .   .

"I just felt like leaving early, but I didn't want to go to school yet." The truth. I looked back at Jamie remembering something important. "Can you also not contact me through my phone for a while?" "Why not?" Jamie looked a bit sad. "I just don't have it for now." Her eyes widened. "Don't tell me, you-" I looked at Jamie confused, also confused as to why she was slightly smiling. "You? You did something bad to get your phone taken away?" How did she-? "You doing something bad? What was it? Staying out too late? Oh, I hope it wasn't 'cause I kept you out too long yesterday." Jamie's small smile turned into a frown. "It wasn't your fault." I placed my hands out in front of her. Her eyes widened and a smile came back. "So what bad things have you been up to? Not that I judge. I'm just curious." She placed her elbows on the table and placed her chin in her hands with a smile. That look.

"It wasn't anything like that." I frowned and looked down at the table. "I just got caught hanging out with my cousin." It was silent for a moment until Jamie asked. "What? How does that make any sense? Who isn't allowed to talk to family? Your parents must be crazy, no offense, but like, what? Why? Wait is your cousin a bad person?" Jamie sounded frustrated, for me? I looked up at her and saw a frown on Jamie's face, her eye was narrowed at the napkin holder in the center of our table.

"My cousin isn't a bad person at all, but yeah I guess it is odd." I shrugged my shoulders. "She just doesn't like them." Jamie looked up at me and softened her gaze. "Well sorry about that, and don't worry I don't text or call you for now." Jamie looked a bit sad. "But is there another way I can contact you? Besides bumping into you like this, not that I mind." "I think there is another way. I use it to talk to my cousin and sister most of the time. Do you have Discord?" A smile came across Jamie's face as she pulled out her phone. "Of course!"

Jamie gave me her phone as I typed in my username that I had memorized. "I'll accept the friend request next time I'm on my computer. Thanks." I smiled giving Jamie's phone back to her. "No problem, and thank you." Jamie took her phone back.

It became quiet after that, so I looked out the window next to me. Should I say something? I watched as the sidewalk had more people walking by, it was getting closer to school time. I didn't have my phone at me so I couldn't see the time. I looked at an old wooden clock in the cafe and saw I still had some time.

"Jamie!" A person across the cafe yelled. I looked over at Jamie and saw her standing up. "Well, that took a bit. I guess they made it fresh today." Was she talking to me? Jame looked at me. "I'll be right back." She said then walked away. I watched Jamie walk up to the register where a person handed her a bag. She came back to our table and grabbed her backpack putting it on. "We should probably leave soon, my bus will be here in a bit." "Oh, sure," I said standing up. I grabbed my backpack from under the table and put my book back in it, then I slid the bag onto my back.

I followed Jamie out of the cafe. She stopped when she left the building, so I stopped too. Then Jamie grabbed something out of the part bag she was holding. She pulled out a smaller brown bag. "Here." She said handing it to me. "What?" I asked. "Take it." I took the small paler bag from her hand and opened it, there was a cookie in there.

"It was just a cookie that came with my muffin, for some reason." Jamie pulled a muffin out of the bag and threw it into the garbage can next to us. Then she started walking and took a bite out of her muffin. I followed next to Jamie recognising the path we were on. "Thanks," I said. Jamie looked at me. "No problem." Then she took a bit out of her muffin again.

I didn't eat breakfast earlier because I wanted to leave sooner, but I guess now I get to eat something. And since I went to bed too early last night I missed dinner. I was upset at Dad for not waking me up for dinner, but it's not like either of us knew that I wouldn't get breakfast today. My stomach was feeling hungry, so I took the chocolate chip cookie out of the small bag and started eating it. Why would a cookie as big as my hand come with a muffin?

Jamie stopped when we reached the entrance to a park, so I stopped too. To the right were some people waiting, the people Jamie usually waited with for her buss. And further down on the left was where my school was. I couldn't see it yet, but I would if I started walking for a bit.

Jamie threw out the wrapper to her muffin in the garbage can for the park, I also threw out the paper that came with my cookie since I was finished eating it. "Thanks for the cookie," I said. "Thanks for your discord." Jamie smiled.

"Do you have to go straight home after school?" She asked. "Yeah," I said sadly. "Alright." Jamie nodded her head. "I'll see you later then." Jamie waved to me and started walking towards the group of kids. "See you." I waved and then started walking towards my school. "And be careful with her!" Jamie yelled to me. "You too!" I yelled back. Hannah was up to something, and Jamie knew that. She knew her the best. Thanks for the heads up.

.   .   .