Ch-6-Gone-?

.   .   .

"Hey, how is Lindsey?" Eret asked. "Usually, you both call me together. Oh, is she going to try and surprise me again?"

The question I've been hoping for, but also dreading. "Actually, Lindsey moved out." I say sadly.

The call fell silent. I held back tears as reality hit me again. Lindsey was gone. Ever since we were born we've never been separated. Never been more than a day without seeing each other. I can't even face time her till next week. And now I had to wait weeks before she could come home on the next holiday or school break.

"Oh. Is that a good thing?" Eret asked confused. "No." I mumbled. It was quiet again for a bit.

"Sorry about that. Can I ask what happened?" I didn't want to talk about it. I wanted to avoid that topic as much as possible. But part of me did want to talk about it. I needed to get it out there, and face reality.

"You know you can talk to me right?" Great said interrupting my thoughts again. "Remember when I used to come over more often? We would always talk about everything." They paused.

"I'm not doing this just because you're my cousin." That's what I needed to hear. They were my cousin so they had a right to know. I'm not going to tell the whole family. But they did have a right to know.

"She went to a boarding school." I started. "Mom made her." "Oh." Was all Eret said, so I kept going. "She did something dangerous, something she shouldn't have, just for me." I sniffled my nose. "And mom used it as an excuse to send her away to a boarding school. Now I'm all alone."

Guilt hit me. "I feel bad for being upset that now I'm alone. Mom always said is lucky to have a sibling and not grow up alone. I still have Lindsey in a way. So I shouldn't be upset about being somewhat alone. I am. I'm also upset she's gone and it's all because of me."

"Robin." Eret said stopping my blabbering. "Ots alright to be sad that you're alone. Don't feel bad for feeling that way. Don't worry about what others think so much. And you have me. I'm not physically there but I am here. Always ready to talk about anything. And it's not your fault she's gone. Lindsey did whatever she did to help or protect you. It doesn't sound like what she did was too good. But she did it for you, that means she cares about you a lot."

"She could have done things differently." "That's what everyone says when things don't go as planned. But that was probably the only way things could go at the time." "I guess. But even tho she did it for me I don't know if I can actually forgive her yet. I'm trying but-" I held my breath trying to stop my sob from escaping my mouth.

"Don't force yourself to forgive someone when you are not ready, it's good that your trying, but it can take time depending on what happened." Eret helped me.

I lay on Lindsey's bed, my head resting on her pillow. The phone was on speaker laying next to me. I put my hands over my mouth to stop any sound from escaping.

"It's okay to be upset." Eret said like they knew how I felt and what I was doing. "It'll take time to process things, for things to heal. But you will see Lindsey again. You can always text her when she's allowed to, you can even call her when she's allowed to."

"How about when Lindsey gets home we can all talk again. I missed talking to you two." "I'm sorry." I whispered. "I get it you were busy. So was I. I'm also sorry for not calling you sooner, but thanks for calling me. I missed you and Lindsey."

I moved my hand off my mouth somewhat calming down. "I miss you too." My voice wavered.

. . .

I didn't leave our-my room. I only left for the bathroom, I tried to avoid drinking water so I wouldn't have to go to the bathroom as often. For food, I ate the cookie serial. I didn't want to eat all of it. I wanted to save some for Lindsey. Or I could just buy a new box. I also didn't want to get sick of the serial if I ate too much. I didn't have an appetite for anything.

I spent my weekend locking myself in our-my room. Eret and I text a bit. We didn't call since Friday night. They said they'd call me later next week. I watched Eret's live stream on Saturday. Besides that, I slept through the day.

On Sunday I thought about actually doing some studying since we had a math test soon. There was that new math book mom got me, but she got it for me cause Lindsey left. Nope, not studying this weekend. Instead on Sunday, I watched some of Eret's old live streams I missed.

On Sunday I was dreading Monday. If I didn't leave ou-my room on my mom would yell at me to go to school. But I also don't want to go to school. When I went last week without Lindsey I could look forward to going home and seeing her again. But now she's gone. Now I have to look forward to not seeing her. Now I have nothing to look forward to.

Maybe going to school would be better than staging locked in o-my room all the time. That way I could leave the house and not deal with anyone. And I'm pretty sure Hannah still has a few more suspension days left.

Guess I should try and enjoy school while I can. But Lindsey is gone. There's no more enjoying school, even if Hannah is gone.

.   .   .