Ch-3-Protect-?

.   .   .

School the next day was interesting. I walked into school alone the next day. People steered away from me, and whispered behind my back. I guess word got around pretty fast about what happened yesterday. It's only natural when three kids get suspended.

I wanted to talk to Karter and Alex as soon as possible, but I don't think they'd want to talk to me right after what happened to Karter. I did see Alex a few times in the hallway, but couldn't talk to him. Maybe next time I see Karter and Alex together I'll talk to them.

. . .

Phil's Kid
Ch-69-Protect

.   .   .

- Alex -
- Pov-

. . .

"Hi." I said when they got closer. "Robin."

"Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you." She said. "Personally, I don't have anything against you guys or the LGBT, and neither does my sister." I glared at her not really believing her. "I wanted to apologize for her actions the other day. I tried to warn Richard about how strong she is, but he just didn't listen." Sue shook her head. "Why?" I asked gaining her attention. "Why would your try to help him and us?" I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Sometimes Linsey goes too far. She's been getting more out of hand since she got kicked out of Karate. So I guess you could say I'm here to clean up after her." She said. She shared to walk around me to Karter but I kept getting in her way separating her from Karter. She stopped moving. "Fine, I'll just say it to you too then." She sighed. "Karter." She said. I looked back at Karter and saw them freeze and straighten up. "I'm sorry on my sister's behalf, even tho I am her other half." She said surprising us.

"You're sorry? For her?" I said shocked. "Hanna isn't a good influence on her and had been pushing her to get her anger out on others. I'm not sure why she went after you of all people, you seem like the calmest one. So I'm sorry for her actions." Robbin said. I looked at her shocked then at Karter. Karter didn't say anything and was still frozen, probably trying to process what just happened.

"Then why didn't you stop her?" I asked. Robin put a hand to her chin. "Well, she is my sister, after all, my twin sister, and I have to let her think I'll always have her back." She rubbed her chin. "I was surprised when she told me what happened, she always tells me her plans and is always there to make sure she doesn't go too far. I'm not sure why she didn't tell me. If anything I blame Hanna." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"I won't ever forgive you." I said. "Or Hanna, or Linsey." I glared at Robin. "You hurt my s-friend, and I'll never forgive you." Robin nodded her head. "Fair point. I don't expect you to forgive anyone either." She said looking past me at Karter. "Just know, I'll try to keep her under better control. And if anything happens again, tell me." She said then walked away.

.   .   .

- Back to -
- Robin -
- Pov -

. . .

It was an attempt. I know that they might forgive me because I didn't do anything, but then again I was trying to apologize for Lindsey. A part of me hopes they never forgive Lindsey either.

. . .

"How was school?" My mom asked me when I got home. "Alright." I said. Knowing what she was going to say next I tried to get to my room. "I hope no one is treating you badly after what your sister did." Mom said before I could make my way up the stairs. "I'm fine." I held back a sigh.

She's been asking this every day since the incident. She may seem caring to others when saying that, but she doesn't mean it in a caring way. She's never cared about my day, only ever Lindsey's day. She also said it just loud enough so Lindsey could hear upstairs.

I went into mine and Lindey's room and was surprised by how clean it was. "Oh, hi." Lindsey said from her desk, sounding slightly upset. Yep, she heard what mom said. "School good?" "Yep." I said. She doesn't need to know either.

"You cleaned up our room." I said slightly surprised. "Yeah." Lindsey smiled sadly. "I had to pack up a bunch of stuff today." "Right." I said sadly remembering the fact that Lindsey was leaving tomorrow.

"Did you leave out room at all today?" I asked. "I used the bathroom." Lindsey smiled innocently at me. "And food?" "I ate the cereal you brought up for me for breakfast." Lindsey smiled holding up a bowl on her desk with a spoon in it.

I sighed. "I'm pretty sure your allowed to leave our room to get lunch." "I don't want to risk seeing her." Lindsey said quietly. "She worked from home again today?" I asked annoyed. Lindsey nodded her head.

"Fine." I said dropping my backpack next to my bed. "I'll get you a snack." "Thanks." Lindsey said before I left our room.

. . .

"Three granola bars?" Mom's voice startled me. "Yeah?" I said stopping at the stairs. "It's just, you haven't eaten that many snacks after school before. At least not until after your sister acted out." "I'm just grabbing a snack for later too." I easily lied.

"Are you stress eating because of your sister? You don't have to sleep in the same room as her." Mom put out her fair worried voice. "I'm fine, it's only a few days left." I said that and then went up the stairs to mine and Lindsey's room.

I swear I heard my mom mumble. "Thank goodness." I bet she wanted me to hear that.

. . .