Ch-12-Car-?

.   .   .

The movie was interesting, but also kinda sad. I was confused why dad picked a movie like that. Because it's not he would watch a sad-ish movie, so how did he know about it? Thinking back, the movies he was scrolling through, none of them looked like action movies. Did he pick a movie he thought I would like? Yeah, I kind of liked it. It was just sort of sad. I'm not a fan of sad movies. But A Dogs Purpose was a good movie.

. . .

When the movie was done dad turned the tv off. I knew I had to go to my bed, so I could sleep and be ready for school tomorrow. But my body felt so heavy, and tired. It felt like I was relaxing, and I didn't want to get up.

I have relaxed before this week. I relax when I sleep. And when I'm alone in my room with Lindsey. Oh. Maybe that's why my body feels more tired. I haven't relaxed besides sleeping. I should go to my bed to sleep. But then my eyes felt heavy after the tv was turned off.

I leaned forward, taking my back off the couch cushion, getting ready to stand up. Dad gently pushed my shoulders back making me fall back onto the couch. My back was comfortable on the couch. Now I couldn't get up. I frowned looking up at dad, but he wasn't looking at me. He grabbed a blanket on the other side of the couch and placed it over me, leaving only my head poking out.

"Sleep." Dad said, so I leaned my head back on the cushion getting comfortable under the warmth of the blanket. I watched as dad walked around the living room picking up paper plates, and an empty pizza box.

I thought about helping him but remembered he told me to sleep. What a great excuse to not help. I fell sideways on the couch. Now my head was resting on the couch seat and my body curled up under the blanket.

Dad came back into the room after throwing away the garbage. "Night." I mumbled closing my eyes. I felt dad ruffle my hair. "Night Robin." He said quietly.

"You deserve it." I think I heard dad say that quietly as he walked away. I'm not sure if that's exactly what he said. I couldn't be sure if it happened or if it was just my dream taking over.

. . .

I didn't wake up to my alarm the next day. I woke up to dad calling my name. "Robin." He said not too loud. I slowly opened my eyes and saw my dad squatted in front of me on the floor. Head being leveled with mine.

"You have school today." Dad said reminding me. Shoot. I quickly sat up. "What time is it?" I asked. "The usual time you wake up." Dad said getting off the ground and walking to the kitchen. I followed him to get breakfast.

The kitchen smelled good when I walked in, then I saw why. There were two plates of eggs on the table. Dad sat in front of one with a mug and drank his coffee. I sat in front of the other plate of eggs across from him. "Thanks." I said then started to eat the yummy scrambled eggs.

"No problem." He took a sip from his coffee. "Eggs have good protein and are good in the morning." I noted my head stuffing my mouth with more delicious scrambled eggs.

I was surprised. Dad hasn't made breakfast in a while. I'm kind of liking this alone time with him.

.   .   .

People at school started to act toward me differently. Indeed, I've always been treated differently, but since Lindsey left people just ignored me, stared at me, or whispered about me. It's not good attention.

Yesterday after lunch people started attempting to act out more. I say attempting because no one ever succeeded. I know their lazy ass tricks all too well.

Someone tried to throw paper at me in class, since they sat in front of me I saw the crumpled paper and caught it. Then I threw it back, at the back of their head, while the teacher wasn't looking of course.

I was just glad to be alone at lunch again. I could enjoy my book in silane. Minus the group of kids that we're laughing at something on the computer, and the librarian attempting to hush them.

I survived the rest of the school day by being the last one to leave class so I wouldn't hear to deal with anyone in the hallway. Even if I was the last to leave class there were a few kids still in the hallway.

One kid stepped in front of me and tried to stop me from going to my next class. When I walked up to him, I glared up at him, then stomped on his shoe. He took his right foot back, so I bumped past him while he was off balance.

After school ended I left the building later than most of the kids, successfully avoiding anyone annoying. I was surprised to see a familiar black car in the school's parking lot. I walked up to it and the window rolled down. "Need a ride?" My dad asked sitting in the driver's seat with a smile.

. . .

If anyone else was driving the car I would have been freaking out, especially if it was mom taking me to a frozen yogurt place, but it was dad instead. Dad took me to a frozen yogurt place. Just me and him, no mom, no Lindsey. The last time he did this was with me with Lindsey after we had a bad day at school and mom wasn't home. Now it was just me and dad. Dad and I.

We didn't talk during the car ride besides the usual, "how was your day?" "Good, how was your day?" "good."

When we got to a frozen yogurt place dad said. "Pick anything you want." So I did. I got chocolate frozen yogurt with a cake batter. Then rainbow sprinkled and whipped cream as my toppings. Dad got vanilla with almost all the chocolate toppings, chocolate syrup, brownie chunks, chocolate chips, and then rainbow sprinkles too. He paid for it all and we sat at a small table with two chairs.

"Thanks." I said taking a bite of my sweet catastrophe. "It's good." I said with my mouth full. Dad smiled. "I'm glad." They ate some of his. We each tried the other frozen yogurt catastrophe. I found his too chocolaty, even tho it had vanilla frozen yogurt. "I don't think yours has enough chocolate." Dad smiled at me. "I think yours has too much." I smiled back, then took another spoon full of his. It was really chocolaty but was kind of good, I liked all the chocolate toppings.

I sat facing the door to the store. So when the door singled with people coming in, I could watch people come in. The next pair of people to come in was a surprise.

The door singled and I looked up curiously, then regretted it. I saw Kater with a lady who I think I've seen pick up Alex a few times. They must be mad. Mad that Karter had to switch schools.

.   .   .