Ch-25-Morning-?

. . .

I placed my phone on the table next to the stairs. Then I quietly hurried up the stairs to my room. When I got there I closed my door as quietly and as fast as I could, then I locked it right away. I dropped my backpack in front of the door and then fell onto Jamie's bed, face first. I pushed my face into her pillow but had to pull back a bit since it got too hard to breathe. I gripped the sides of Jamie's pillow tightly. I tried to not make her pillow wet because of my face, but it was too late now, and impossible to stop.

. . .

I eventually woke up, and when I woke up, I realized I had been asleep. I opened my eyes and saw Lindsey's clock that time me it was currently 4:37 am. I still have three hours till I have to wake up. I closed my eyes in an attempt to fall back asleep.

I opened my eyes again after a while to see what time it was now. 4:41 am. I sighed and sat up knowing there was no way I could fall back to sleep.

Part of me felt rushed like I had to rush to do my homework and get it done now since I didn't do any of it last night. I also didn't study while grounded yet. I didn't feel like doing my work, even tho part of me felt like I had to do it now. It's not like all of it was due today anyways.

The part of me that didn't feel hurried to do my homework, was the part that felt too tired to do it. I wasn't tired enough to go back to sleep, but I just felt too tired to do any work.

What else was there to do? I could do homework or study, what about reading? I could probably use my book light. Good idea, except I didn't want to risk Mom seeing the light from under my door. She could get up to use the bathroom, and end up seeing the light from under the door. So why not read under the blanket? That's also a good idea if I didn't have a better idea.

I opened my laptop underneath Lindsy's blankets while sitting on her bed. Just because I had my laptop to do work on, doesn't mean I always do work on it. Just because Mom said I couldn't use my laptop for anything but work, doesn't mean I'll listen to her.

I signed into Twitch and went to Eret's most recent streams. There was the one from a few days ago that I didn't get to finish watching. So I resumed it. It wouldn't kill all the time, but I could just watch another stream I missed.

. . .

It was about 6:30 now so decided to start getting ready for school early. If I got ready earlier, I could leave the house earlier. And if Mom asked why I was leaving early, I could just lie and say I was going to school early to study. It wouldn't be a complete lie, I would get to school early, just not study. This wouldn't be the first time I would be leaving early, I've done it before and used the same lie that I was going to study. But that was also when I had Lindsey with me. It's fine. I shook my head. I can lie to Mom by myself.

I walked down the stairs and started putting my shoes on. Then I heard the floorboard creak behind me. "Your leaving already?" I heard Mom ask. I froze staring down at my shoes. I nodded my head. Here goes nothing. "I'm going to school early to study." I finished tieing my shoes and stood up. I turned around to see mom with a coffee mug in her left hand. "Alright then." She said and took a sip of her coffee. "Be off now." She waved her hand. "And don't forget our conversation." Her eyes narrowed.

"You're the only daughter I have that can do well." Her eyes were saddened. "So don't fail." She said sternly. "I won't," I said then turned away from her to open the door. "Bye," I said then closed the door. I started walking quickly away from the house, but then I was off our street I started running.

. . .

I sat and went to the cafe me and Lindsey would sometimes go to before school. But now it was just me. It was a bit out of the way I usually take to school, but it was still close enough to the school that I could leave ten minutes before school and still be on time.

I found a table in a corner by the window and sat down at it. I placed my bag under the table and pulled out my book. It was the same book I borrowed from the library, and I was finally almost done with it. Being almost done with the book made me happy and sad at the same time. It was a good book, that made me happy. I enjoyed the story. But it also made me sad knowing that the story was coming to an end soon because it was a good story. Maybe the librarian will help me find another book similar to this one.

I looked up and glanced around the cafe. There isn't too many people here yet. Maybe it wasn't the popular coffee hour yet. Or maybe this place wasn't as popular. Whatever the reason I didn't mind. It was nice and quiet, so I went back to reading my book.

"Robbin?" I heard someone say my name. I looked up to see Jamie walking towards me. She came up to my table and smiled. "It is you." "Hi, Jamie." "Hey, mind if I sit here?" She asked pulling out the chair across me. "Sure." Jamie but her backpack on the back of the chair she pulled out and sat down in it.

I saw Jamie look at my book so I put the bookmark in my book and placed it in my lap to hide it. "What are you doing here?" I asked to distract her. "I came to get some breakfast, they have great muffins here. What about you?" "Oh, I, just, I left early for school but I guess I left too early." I looked out the window and saw some kids walking by. "Too early?" Jamie asked. "I thought the school opened at six?" I shrugged my shoulders. That's right, she used to go to my school too, of course, she would know that they let kids in by now.

.   .   .