Offer

( I completely forgot about the headings for when the POVs change )

Author POV

While walking around, Aether came across a cave that had a very eerie aura, almost dangerous. Aether paid no mind and was about to enter the cave, he just wanted his reward so he could leave but before he could step another foot into the cave, someone wrapped their hands around his waist and pulled him toward them. Aether was beyond shocked. He quickly whipped his head around to see Xiao. "Xiao! What the hell! You scared me..can you you let me go please?" Xiao said nothing in response and only narrowed his eyes. Aether now confused even more, why was Xiao acting like this?

"What were you going to do" Xiao said menacingly, Aether only sweatdropped and chuckled nervously, "haha....I was just going to...hunt some monsters for a comission" Xiao's grip tightened to the point were it was starting to hurt. "Do you not see the karmic aura that surrounds the cave? What were you thinking!" Aether was starting to feel a little uneasy. "X-Xiao! I'm sorry, ok? but can please let go, you're hurting me.." Xiao's eyes widened and quickly removed his arms. "My apologies.." Aether said nothing , only stepped foward and cupped both his cheeks in his hands, making him look up. Xiao blushed at the action but didn't push him away.

This was definitely the perfect time to get revenge from last time. Heh..

"It's fine, since you said it's dangerous, do you want to help me out with this?" Aether said slyly as he smirked. Xiao only blushed and looked away, muttering a small "ok."
.
.
.
Xiao quietly followed Aether into the cave as they looked around the walls. The cave was slimy and grimy, as any cave should be.

...

Aether didn't get how this cave was dangerous. They had been walking for a while now and the only thing they encountered was a few hillichurls but nothing else. He was beginning to think Xiao was just overreacting.

"Xiao, are you sure this cave is dangerous?" Aether asked still looking around the cave then back at Xiao. Xiao said nothing and only continued walking. Aether sighed and continued walking as well.

Suddenly, as if Aether had jinxed it, two ruin guards and several abyss mages and hillichurls appeared, ambushing then.

Aether being caught off-guard was punched back in the gut and thrown into Xiao, knocking them both back.

"Nevermind..." Aether chuckled, clutching his side in pain. "Are you ok!?" Xiao said looking at him in worry. Aether nodded and looked back behind Xiao, he could see the monsters approaching. He quickly sat up completely ignoring the pain and attempted to run toward the monsters but was pulled back by his cape. "Ack-!" was all he let out as he fell back on his butt. "Such an idiot, let me handle this, then we go back to the Inn and fix you up" Xiao said setting Aether down and running toward the monsters despite Aether's protests from behind.

He swiftly dealt with the ruin guards then the abyss mages and lastly the hillichurls. He finished the battle with only a few bruises and scratches.

He made his way back to Aether, who was sat pouting at the other.

Xiao merely deadpans at his childish shenanigans and picked him up bridal style, quickly teleporting to his room at Wangshu Inn.

He set Aether down on his bed, while listening to Aether's rambling about how reckless he was and how he should've been more careful. He left to get the bandages ignoring Aether once again with his rambling.

He carefully wrapped Aether's abdomen after applying ointment to the large purple bruise. When he was done, Aether helped him with his small bruises and scratches.

They then sat in a comfortable silence for a while, before Aether suddenly jumped up from the bed startling Xiao as he shouted, "I forgot to confirm the commission completion and get my rewards!!"

He quickly ran out the door leaving a confused Xiao.

...

Aether arrived back at the man's cabin in no time. He ran up to the door and knocked quickly and harshly.

The same man opened the door with pure confusion written on his face before he noticed it was just Aether. "What do you want?" He said. Aether only cleared his throat and calmly said "I completely your commission and I would like my reward please"

The man grumbled and just threw a bag of Mora and 5 primogems at him. One of the gems hit him in his eyes causing him to yelp in pain. "Ouch-! What the hell!"

The man only scoffed and said "oh please, you're an adventurer I'm sure you've faced worse" He then shut the door in Aether's face leaving him dumbfounded and pissed.

He grabbed his rewards and stomped off.

.....

He soon found himself at a Cliffside with a perfect view of Liyue at night with all its lights and people.

Finally some peace....

(SIKE!)

Footsteps startled Aether as he quickly went on the defensive and summoned his sword.

What he saw shocked him...

It was Lumine.
There in the flesh.

Aether was beyond speechless, he dropped his sword as he stuttered out, "L-Lumine wha-what"
Aether rushed toward her and pulled her into a tight hug. They both stumbled back onto the grassy ground.

Lumine chuckled as she pat her brother's hair as he cried softly into her shoulder.

"Hello my dear brother, it's great to see you again" she said softly comforting him.

...

Aether had calmed down and they both sat admiring the view and enjoying the other's presence.

"Aether, now that you're calm I will get to the point and why I'm here. I'm here to make an offer with you" she said looking up at the sky as Aether looked at her questionably.

"Join the Abyss"