Our Toxic Love

A/N:
This is not a following chapter that is corresponding to the story. Although, spoiler, this may or may not happen later on in the chapters to come, so this is just a bit of a teaser, if you can call it that. This is a one shot I thought of. I'm having writer's block so I still have to think about the script for all my other books, including this one.
Anyway, enjoy this oneshot I thought of while I was supposed to be asleep ╥﹏╥

............

(Little background info, Aether has a red star-shaped gem in the middle his forehead similar to Xiao. He also has his wings and power back but his wings are different, as the aren't yellow, white and translucent, they're just black and translucent with little stars. Lumine is dead in this and she was the abyss princess so...Abyss Prince Aether supremacy!!🛐🛐🛐)

•••∆•••••∆•••••∆•••••∆•••••∆•••••∆•••••∆•••

Black ceiling he didn't recognize. The atmosphere tense and uncomfortable. The pressure was too much. Why was it so difficult to breath? Was it always this way?
No. No it was not. What was with the silky smooth texture beneath him. A bed? Why was there one...? He didn't remember returning to the inn.

Shooting up from the comfort of the bed he looked around frantically. He materialized his weapon and jumped off the bed. Suddenly, he was struck by an agonising pain throughout his body, causing him fatigue as he fell to the floor. The floor was a dark galaxy blue-like color with little sparkly glittery stars as if the galaxy itself was beneath his feet. That's when he realized there were bandages around his body. Around his arm, one on his thigh, one wrapped around his throat tightly but not tight enough to choke him, and he felt one wrapped around his chest under his clothing.

Just where the hell was he?

The door suddenly opened which alerted him and he prepared his battle stance. But, behind the door was someone who he didn't expect.

Beautiful golden hair that rivaled the sun's radiance. Golden eyes.. which now seemed dull and empty. A new red gem that sat proudly right in the middle of his forehead. Overall, just a beauty that even the goddess of beauty could not match.

"Oh my, it seems someone's awake, hello Xiao darling..."

He had a taunting voice. Smooth calming voice that could lull you to sleep easily.

He stepped forward suddenly which cause Xiao the tense up and stand more defensively. This was not the person he'd grown to love. What happened to the sweet boy that always had a calming and flowery aura surrounding his form. Now, the only aura surrounding him was dark and dangerous and set off all alarms in Xiao's body which screamed at him to run and get out.

"Y-you're not Aether. who are you and where am I!"

Xiao managed to stutter out. Why was he stuttering? His body wouldn't stop shaking. He breath and heart beat quickened. His breath grew ridge and the pain throughout his body didn't make it any easier. His body was screaming at him in pain tell him to release the strain on his muscles, he didn't listen though. He ignored all of his body's cries of pain.

"Oh dear.. This isn't good, no. Xiao are you scared?"

"I feel no fear toward a mere mortal as yourself, Aether"

"Now now, we both know that's a lie. Look at you! haha, you look so shaken, but to answer your question, you're in the abyss my dear."

Aether was only taunting Xiao with his tone of voice. Xiao was having none of it, he dashed forward toward Aether in attempts to at least pin him down but he fail pathetically as he soon found himself in Aether's arms with his spear out of reach.

Aether smiled smugly down at the o' so powerful yaksha who was now in his arms.

Arms around his waist and the other holding Xiao's arm behind his back, rendering him immobile in Aether's grasp.

"Xiao... You really would attack your boyfriend? That hurts more than you could imagine, to think, that you're also in the presence a prince. You don't have proper etiquette at all. Didn't Morax teach you?"

Aether suddenly leaned in and closed the distance between him and Xiao. The sensation was the same as it always was, it really was Aether himself. He tasted the same, he smelled of roses as he always did. He kissed the same....

There was no denying it. It was Aether.

But... How?
He disappeared, they said he died...
It then clicked in Xiao's brain. Aether said prince. Aether was now not only working with the abyss, but was ruling over the abyss. One wrong move and he very well may end up dead. Aether was different now.

Aether pulled away and smirked at Xiao's expression. Xiao held a horrific expression.

"Xiao, there's no need to be scared. It's me, it's your boyfriend. I would never dream of hurting you"

That didn't seem to give Xiao much reassurance.

Xiao suddenly freed his arm and pushed Aether away as he fell to the floor as the pain became too much for his body to bare.

He crawled away until he backed into a wall.

"Stay away from me! you are not Aether!!.. "

Xiao said glaring at the Prince. Though it didn't seem to cause much of an effect as Aether's eyes only darkened as he looked down at Xiao.

"Well, I didn't want to have to do this the hard way but.."

Aether said as he walked toward Xiao calmly. Xiao, seeing his sudden movement became frantic with his own movement as he tried to get away.

"S-stay away!"

Aether didn't listen. He suddenly appeared beside Xiao and quickly wrapped a collar around his neck.

"Wha-"

"It's a collar that disables your adepti power"

Aether said cutting him off. Xiao's eyes widen with fear and shock. He was now completely at his mercy.

"We're gonna have so much fun Xiao! We could finally catch up in all I missed. Maybe you might even submit to me completely and help me and the abyss!"

Xiao grimaces at his delusional ideals. He was not going to stay anywhere near Aether, with the state of mind he's in right now.

Xiao once more dashed away, this time toward the door. Aether didn't...stop him though. He only remained in his spot, smirking at him.

Xiao ignored him, as he dashed out the doorway... well... tried to. A sudden stinging pulse of energy shot from his neck causing him to writhe in pain.

He screamed in pain, clutching the collar in attempts to stop it. Aether walked over to his form on the floor and laughed down at him.

"Oops.. I forgot to mention, the collar also adds as a shock collar. So try to escape again and it sends waves of pure electro energy throughout your body automatically. Or maybe I might even do it myself"

He then held up a blue remote, flipping it around in Xiao's face to mock him.

Xiao attempted to snatch the remote but Aether swiftly held it out of his reach. He was given another shock and he screamed out in pain. Tears pricked his eyes threatening to fall.

Aether smiled sadistically as he kneeled down to his level and threaded this fingers through Xiao's hair.

"You should behave, just follow the rules and things will be easy.."

Such a mocking voice. So much more different from how sweet and angelic from how it once was.

How could this be?

.......

Hello! Hope you enjoyed, should I continue this as a separate book or just make a part two?
Let me know, I would be more than happy to indulge you guys (❁'◡'❁)