Not Here

Author POV

The next day Aether awoke feeling absolutely sore. He almost couldn't move and it was all thanks to the monster right next to him, clinging onto his waist like a koala.

But one things for sure, Xiao looked absolutely ethereal in the morning.

The sun shining through the window and flowing onto his milky smooth skin. Making him look picture perfect.

He was soon indulged in admiring his lover's face, he didn't notice he also awoke and was now staring right back at Aether. It was not only until a raspy voice snapped him back to his senses.

"Good morning.." Xiao said groggyly "g-good morning" Aether replied back with a bright smile as if he wasn't just staring at him.

The grip on Aether's waist tightened. Aether groaned as he was suddenly pulled into Xiao's chest. "Aether, I want to...ask..you something" Aether replied with a hum to show he was listening. "What happened..the night before? When you had just arrived at the inn. You seemed out of it, also, I saw the altercation between you and that... Jaydon guy. What happened? You seemed so angry.."

Xiao could feel Aether tense up. "I... I.. was angry.. I was so...angry..I'm sorry" Aether said gripping onto Xiao's white t-shirt. "I got angry at everyone for using me..I got tired of it all.."

Aether explained barely above a whisper as tears suddenly dripped down from his eyes, soiling Xiao shirt.

Xiao's eyes widen at seeing Aether cry. He quickly wiped Aether's tears with his finger and kissed him.

That was all he knew to do. He was still learning about human emotions and relationships so he did what he'd seen other couples do. It seemed to work because Aether had a small smile.

"I'm sorry I asked" Xiao apologized as the threaded this fingers through Aether hair. "It's fine, I feel a bit better in a way" Aether chuckled awkwardly.

"I wish I could stay with you all day but I have a few commissions today. I think about five, but I'll come back to the room before I go to bed tonight" Aether said giving Xiao a peck on his cheek while getting off the bed and stretching, wincing a bit at the pain in his lower abdomen. That's when he realized he was still naked. Purple bruises decorated his skin. Bruises, hand marks on his hips and red marks on his wrists. They sure did go at it last night.

As memories of last night's event came rushing through his mind, his face exploded with color as he rushed to the bathroom. He swore heard Xiao chuckling behind him as he ran off.
.
.
.
.
Aether left soon after he took a bath and freshened up. Luckily he could cover up some of the marks. But the marks on his hips and some marks on his jaw line and neck were still showing a bit. He sure had a long day ahead of him...

He went to his room when he realized he had to check on Paimon. He'd almost forgotten about her.

He entered the room, but before he could process what was happening, he was being shouted at by the little emergency food.

"Where have you been! You left Paimon alone for a whole day!" Paimon shouted dramatically, "You've been without me for far longer. Stop being so dramatic" Aether deadpanned at her childish behavior.

Paimon opened her mouth to continue but before she could, she noticed the marks all over. Oh dear..

"So that's why you left Paimon! You just wanted to get laid by that stupid adeptus! How dare you!!" Paimon shouted as Aether turned red once more.

"Paimon! Shut up!" He shouted as he covered her mouth."My sex life is nothing you should concern yourself with. And what Xiao does with me is also none of your concern!"

Paimon's face suddenly scrunched up into a look of disgust."Don't describe it like that, you make it sound like you're his pet or something! Ugh!" She said floating passed Aether and out the door. Aether just sighed and followed after her.
.
.
They soon made their way down the lobby. "You're staying with Verr today once again. I have too many dangerous commissions today and I don't want you getting hurt."

Paimon grumbled and then pouted as they walked down the stairs to Verr. "Ugh.. Again..." "Yes, so stop complaining" Aether retorted as they approached Verr.

"Traveler, good morning!" "Good morning Verr, I was wondering if you could watch Paimon again today once more. Here, this bag of Mora should cover her expenses for a day. Sorry to ask this of you" "Oh, don't worry. I'll be more than happy to watch her again, she's really such a sweetheart. You should ask me to watch her more often" Aether smiled at her before quickly thanking her and running off to complete his commissions.

A/N:

I'm working on a new book :D