Not Something So Convenient

The silence and tension that filled the air was suffocating. Aether and Xiao stood opposite each other staring intently at one another. "Xiao, I missed you. It's still me, you know the same Aether that... left a few months ago"

Xiao only scowled at him, "Oh.. so now you acknowledge the fact that you betrayed my trust and used it to your advantage"

"That's no-" "Yes it is! That's exactly what happened so don't fucking deny it!"

Aether's eyes narrowed for a moments notice but it quickly dissipated into a sullen and dejected look. Eyes no longer dull, but filled with remorse and truthfulness. Love and sorrow. It made Xiao hesitant for a moment but he only turned his head away, no long able to look at such a sickening sight before him. It made his chest feel tight, almost as if he couldn't breathe.

"I know what I did, I know I left but.. What was I supposed to say? 'Hi Xiao I'm alive and well down in the abyss' or 'hello my love, I'm okay, just being the prince of the abyss!' I couldn't say anything, I was here fulfilling my duties and protecting my people. I planned to meet you once more in a much more different way, but things didn't fall into place as I had hoped it would. You found out things on your own and finally I have you here with me but..you don't seem happy to see me or at least relieved to be able to see that I'm alive and kicking. You seem scared and..and... I just see hate swirling around in those amber eyes I adore so much."

Xiao stood quietly and calculated his options carefully. He wanted to approach this calmly, and hold his pride as well as his dignity but he replied without thought and only emotion before he could stop himself. "You leave me then come back as prince of the abyss and kidnap me! You isolate me and my power! And then you come back to say you still love me after all you put me through? Have you no shame.. I am bound to Liyue by contract and you deliberately take me away from my post and keep me here as some kind of.. of.. toy for your amusement! What now? I become your little pet and rule by your side in the abyss like some idiot!? Aether- no. Prince.. You are no lover of mine, from this day on we are nothing but enemies on a battlefield. And I'll do anything in my power to kill you where you stand without a second thought.."

By the time Xiao had finished speaking he found himself holding Aether by his collar and pinning him against the wall in anger. Aether, said nothing and did nothing the stop him. He only looked at the adeptus with his dull golden brown eyes, no longer shining, no longer filled with remorse and sorrow. Only empty and void of light.. and a little glimmer of sadistic satisfaction, though.. that went unnoticed. "Fine then my darling, when the time comes don't hesitate to slice my throat and plunge you spear into my abdomen with unforgiving and cold eyes. As if I were only one of those demons you promise to kill and protect the people of Liyue from."

In the blink of an eye the roles were switched, Xiao was now pinned against the wall with both his hands above his head, a hand on his waist and a leg wedged between his own. Aether stood in front on him, slightly towering over him. He only look down at him with a smirk and Xiao glared through the casted shadow of his hair, eyes seemingly glowing. "I indeed look forward to the day we battle my love, I get to see you all serious and hot" he said with a grin. Xiao only glared seemingly harder as if he were trying to burn holes into Aether's head. "You fucking pervert.." He said with barely noticeable but flared cheeks.

"I love you too" Aether said as he leaned down slightly and pecked the purple diamond on Xiao's head.

Xiao growled slightly and headbutted the blonde as hard as the power dampeners allowed him. It seemed hard enough as it caused Aether the stumble back slightly and release his hold on Xiao to hold his mouth which was most likely bleeding. Xiao took this opportunity to rush toward the door but another barrier stopped him.

"Nope not this time- ouch.. Ah.. Your not going anywhere, you're staying here until you learn some respect young man" Aether murmured lowly as he still held him mouth in pain. "How disrespectful can you get! How dar-"

Aether quickly shut him up with a gag made from light particles which formed the physical object. "Heh.. Looks good on you" he said with a bloody smirk. Xiao glared at him with so much anger while Aether took it as a small victory.

He quickly and narrowly dodged a punch and kick from Xiao who looked like he would kill him. Aether quickly stepped through the barrier while avoiding a powerful kick from the other. Xiao looked daggers at him while he stood on the other side with a mocking grin. The gag soon disintegrated off Xiao and he angrily yelled cursed in a language Aether didn't understand.

Aether only stuck his tongue out at the yaksha as he left the room. Leaving a livid Xiao behind as he threw chairs and random things he found in the room at the barrier still yelling curses at Aether.