Special

This is just a Xiaother oneshot, this does not correlate to the actual story.

This will contain spoilers from the 2.7 quest cutscene so if you haven't seen it please don't read this if you don't like spoilers.

Enjoy! <33
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Everyone had now left, leaving Aether and Xiao alone. Even Paimon left once she sensed the tension between the two lovers, and choose to give them sometime alone.

Xiao stood with his arms crossed and eyes closed while Aether sat on a flat rock on the ground with his knees hugged to his chest and teeth gritted together as he silently glared at the adeptus.

Xiao was no fool, he knew Aether was pissed. He felt his intense gaze when he first returned to the surface after.... what he did. Though, he could not understand why he was so angry.

"Aether..why are you..glaring at me?" Xiao spoke hesitantly as he slowly opened his eyes. When he fully opened his eyes though, his face was now facing the other direction. Was he always looking this way? No, he was sure he was facing forward. Why was he looking to the side instead though?

And that's when he felt a harsh, stinging pain across his cheek.

He was speechless. He had no words. He couldn't even process what just happened.

He slowly brought his hand up to his cheek and finally realised what had happened. Aether...slapped him. Why?

He looked back toward him slowly, then his eyes suddenly widen. Aether was crying....

"Idiot!! *sniff* how dare you!!- *hic* h..how could you...!? *hic*"

He shouted angrily as he softly punched Xiao. His punches slowed until they completely stopped and he then slid to the floor completely breaking down.

Xiao was shocked. He didn't know what to say. He quickly snapped out of his trance and embraced Aether, catching him by surprise by his actions. The braided blonde tried to stubbornly push Xiao away but he knew how much he needed to hold Xiao, to make sure he never left him, to make sure he was safe.

Aether soon gave up and laid limply in Xiao's arms. Only his sniffles and occasional hiccups could be heard from Aether.

"I...I am sorry, my love. It was not my intention to hurt you"

Xiao said solemnly as he rubbed circles into Aether's back. Aether calmed down a bit but Xiao could tell he was still angry so he did what any boyfriend would do and he pull the blonde into a passionate kiss.

The tension between the two slowly subsided as they continued.

Soon enough Aether had calmed down and they laid under a tree looking at the stars and moon as it was now night.

Aether had his head on Xiao's thighs as his hand combed through Aether's hair. They sat in eachothers embrace and soon fell asleep.

Hope you enjoyed this I guess. It was a bit rushed toward the ending so forgive me for that but rn it's 10:28p.m where I live so I'm really tired😅