001

summer layed flat on her bed, fully dressed and ready, 5 minutes before she had to leave for her first day of senior year. she listened as her stepfather yelled for her to come down, persistent in taking her to school. don't get me wrong. summer had nothing against him, she just didn't like the whole "fatherly" act of his. she had a father, and he ran out.

eventually, he got tired of calling, and walked upstairs, knocking on summers door.

"heyyy, I packed you a pizza Lunchable. I know they're your favorite." dave whispered as he walked inside the room, summer now grabbing a pillow and shoving her face in it while screaming. dave chuckled, setting the lunch bag on her bed while sitting on the edge of the bed, watching his stepdaughter freak out.

"I fucking hate high school man!" she yelled into the pillow, right before collecting herself and putting the pillow back down.

"it's your last year though!" dave chuckled again as summer grabbed the doc martins from the floor next to her bed and pulled them onto her feet. "is lily coming to take you to school or do you need a ride?" dave asked, surprising summer because he usually begs to take her.

"lily is coming. thanks," summer said as her stepfather walked out of the room, knowing the girl needed her space.

before lily came, summer snapped a pic of her fit to post on her Instagram story. her Instagram started to gain a lot of traction lately, it freaked her out. in 2 weeks she managed to go from 75 followers to nearly a million.

summer.cromwell

story caption: first day of senior year 😭 Summerville* high got me fucked up man

views: 800k likes: 756k

summer watched as the post gained attention right away, the numbers going up scaring her more and more. sadly, summer heard her best friend honk her car horn, which was her queue to get the fuck out there. summer trotted down the stairs, her mother and stepfather on the couches.

"Have a nice day baby!" shianne yelled as summer ran out the door, waving her hand. she never said goodbye to them, she didn't care enough.

pulled into the driveway was lily, sitting in her car with the top down. lily had rich parents, so of course, when she turned 15 they bought her a convertible. you'd think because of her parents being insanely rich lily would be a greedy ass, but she was quite the opposite.

summer smiled at her best friend as she threw her bag in the back next to lillys and jumped into the passenger seat, jumping over the door like she usually does instead of opening the door. but, because she was wearing doc martin platforms, summer missed a step and tumbled backward, 1 leg in the car and the rest of her body hanging out. she quickly thrusted herself into the car, both she and lily nearly suffocating from laughter. the suffocation only got worse when summer realized that lily had recorded the entire thing on TikTok.