022

TRIGGER WARNING: domestic abuse, sexual assult

summer had ignored every text that she had gotten in the last 10 days, because all she wanted to do was spend time with her family. she also didn't want to talk to matt at all, so she had not read the last messages he sent her.

but now, summer was on her way home, crying.

when she had gotten home the first thing she saw was alahna and lily, who were sitting on her bed, who her parents had not known about.

"guys?! how did you get in here?!?!" summer exclaimed, hugging her bestfriends as well as she could with 1 arm.

"so... was your sister everything you ever could've asked for and more?" they asked as summer laid on her bed and stretched out.

"oh my god yes, shes going into high school next year. shes a lesbian, hates men, great at school, FUNNY GUYS SHES FUNNY" summer exclaimed.

after a while of talking about vermont, lily and alahna brought up the obvious.

"have you seen matts texts?" alahna asked, to which summer sat up and shot her a questionable look.

"not since he ghosted me for 3 hours and sent me into a panic attack, no" summer scoffed, wondering where that had come from.

"you should, just do it he explains everything" lily answered and handed her friend her phone, summer scoffed and opened the phone, reading his texts.

summer was completely speechless, she had no fucking words for what she had read. it sent her into a panic, she felt so bad for not even reading them.

"holy-" she couldn't even finish her sentence she was so shocked.

"yeah, i know. deep shit"

"i need to go apologize," summer shot up and attempted to put her high top forces on, struggling from the pain of the aches.

"fuck! can someone please help me i need to go apologize but i cant get my shoe on!" summer was incredibly frustrated and she was throwing herself into another panic attack, the pain meds made her very vulnerable to her anxiety.

lily quickly came over and helped, while alahna explained that summer had to chill out or she was going to be counting 5 things she could see and 4 things she could touch.

their words didn't help very much, summer still tossed herself out her window and ran across the street to the sturniolos.

when she had knocked on the door, chris had answered. of course they went through the common hug, apology, and everything else, nick joining in halfway through, summer was still on a mission.

"okay enough, is matt here?" summer asked, the boys smiles faded and nodded, pointing to his room. summer ran down the hall and knocked on the door, hearing a tired matts 'come in' from the other side before opening the door.

the room was dark, the dark blue glow from his leds the only light in the room, matt was bundled up in his blanket, turned on his side opposite of the door.

"hey, i read your messages," summer whispered, to which the boy turned to his other side and sat up, looking at the girls gloomy smile. matt had a hopeful look on his face that slowly faded as he patted the space next to him, summer shut the door quietly and sat next to him.

"I'm sorry you felt you needed to do that to protect me, and I'm sorry she did that to you, and imsorry i never answered, I'm just, sorry." she rambled, matt turned his leds to white, showing the darkening bruise on his eye without meaning to.

"dont be, i should've told you sooner." he replied and she finally made eye contact with him, seeing the bruise brought a flashback summer didn't expect.

summer was just laying in noahs bed at 3 in the morning, waiting for him to get back from his party.

she was nearly asleep when she heard the door slowly open and close, followed by shuffling to the bed. she decided to pretend to be asleep, knowing he would just get into bed and sleep. but, that didn't happen.

he laid right on top of her right away, making her open her eyes as she tried to push him off. the smell of alcohol reeked in his breath as he aggressively pushed his lips onto hers, finding his way to her pants.

"noah- you're drunk! go to bed!" she exclaimed after pushing away from him, he just laughed and continued to untie the drawstring of her pants. "noah! no stop!" she yelled time and time again, but he never listened.

eventually he got in between her legs, leaving scars that would never fade.

"summer? you good?" matt asked, bringing summer back to reality. "you okay? you zoned out there for a second" he asked, tears in both of their eyes. she nodded and he went back to explaining what happened, bringing the memory back and back until she cut him off.

"i understand what your going through, kinda." she cut him off, causing him to look at her with worry and confusion before he asked.

"what? summer what happened?"

"back in sophomore year, i was staying over at noahs but he was at a party and didn't get home until 2 in the morning. he was very drunk and tackled me on the bed," she stopped to take a shaky breath, both of the teens sobbing at this point.

"he didn't rape me but he, he did things i will never forget. my point is, i understand what you're going through to a point, and i am here for you if you need to talk,"she rushed, getting up to leave. matt softly grabbed her wrist and she sat down, looking him in the eye.

they stayed there for a second, silent and staring at each other. they were both sobbing uncontrollably and it probably wasn't the most appropriate time, but they both wanted to kiss each other. they slowly moved their faces closer and tilted them to connect, barely an inch between their lips.

"can i kiss you?"

1105 words

liz speaks!
dam getting heavy here

i love you all